Congressman Nunnelee regaining speech after brain surgery
Published: June 22,2014
Tags: Alan Nunnelee, brain tumor, Congress, GOP, Johns Hopkins, politician, Politics, republican, surgery, TIRR Memorial Hermann Hospital, U.S. House of Representatives, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
HOUSTON, Texas — Mississippi Congressman Alan Nunnelee’s staff says the lawmaker’s speech is improving but he continues to have difficulty with mobility on the left side of his body nearly two weeks after brain surgery.
His office said that the 55-year-old Republican will continue speech and mobility rehabilitation for about another two weeks in Texas. After that, he will go to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, Maryland, for radiation, chemotherapy and outpatient treatment.
Surgeons at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston removed a small mass from Nunnelee’s brain June 9. He has been undergoing rehabilitation at TIRR Memorial Hermann hospital in Houston. It’s the same place then-U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords underwent rehab after she was shot.
Nunnelee, of Tupelo, was first elected to Congress in 2010 and is running again.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on