More than 19,000 absentee ballot requests made for runoff elections
Published: June 24,2014
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — According to the Statewide Election Management System, 19,144 absentee ballots had been requested as of 9 a.m. yesterday for runoff primary elections being conducted today.
This compares to 18,036 total absentee ballots requested in the June 3 Democratic Party and Republican Party primary elections.
“Mississippians across the state realize the importance of every single vote in this party primary runoff election,” said Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann.
Absentee ballots returned by mail had to be received by circuit clerks no later than yesterday by 5 p.m.
Currently, the 2014 primary runoff election absentee ballot totals statewide are as follows:
|Absentee Ballot Requests as of 9 a.m. Monday, June 23|
|Jeff Davis County||94|
|Pearl River County||462|
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that