More than 19,000 absentee ballot requests made for runoff elections
Published: June 24,2014
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — According to the Statewide Election Management System, 19,144 absentee ballots had been requested as of 9 a.m. yesterday for runoff primary elections being conducted today.
This compares to 18,036 total absentee ballots requested in the June 3 Democratic Party and Republican Party primary elections.
“Mississippians across the state realize the importance of every single vote in this party primary runoff election,” said Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann.
Absentee ballots returned by mail had to be received by circuit clerks no later than yesterday by 5 p.m.
Currently, the 2014 primary runoff election absentee ballot totals statewide are as follows:
|Absentee Ballot Requests as of 9 a.m. Monday, June 23|
|Jeff Davis County||94|
|Pearl River County||462|
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast