More than 19,000 absentee ballot requests made for runoff elections
Published: June 24,2014
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — According to the Statewide Election Management System, 19,144 absentee ballots had been requested as of 9 a.m. yesterday for runoff primary elections being conducted today.
This compares to 18,036 total absentee ballots requested in the June 3 Democratic Party and Republican Party primary elections.
“Mississippians across the state realize the importance of every single vote in this party primary runoff election,” said Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann.
Absentee ballots returned by mail had to be received by circuit clerks no later than yesterday by 5 p.m.
Currently, the 2014 primary runoff election absentee ballot totals statewide are as follows:
|Absentee Ballot Requests as of 9 a.m. Monday, June 23|
|Jeff Davis County||94|
|Pearl River County||462|
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center