Georgia-Pacific buying SPG facilities in three states
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2014
HATTIESBURG — Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products, LP and SPG Holdings, LLC have reached an agreement under which Georgia-Pacific would purchase SPG, a paper goods company that manufactures and converts products for the foodservice industry. SPG has operations in Hattiesburg as well as Green Bay, Wisconsin, and Augusta, Georgia.
CIC Partners, a Dallas-based middle market private equity firm, has been lead investor in the company since 2011.
Closing of the acquisition, subject to regulatory review and customary closing conditions, is anticipated later this year. Financial details of the agreement are not being disclosed. Jefferies, LLC acted as exclusive financial advisor to SPG Holdings LLC in connection with this transaction.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money