Georgia-Pacific buying SPG facilities in three states
by MBJ Staff
Published: June 25,2014
HATTIESBURG — Georgia-Pacific Consumer Products, LP and SPG Holdings, LLC have reached an agreement under which Georgia-Pacific would purchase SPG, a paper goods company that manufactures and converts products for the foodservice industry. SPG has operations in Hattiesburg as well as Green Bay, Wisconsin, and Augusta, Georgia.
CIC Partners, a Dallas-based middle market private equity firm, has been lead investor in the company since 2011.
Closing of the acquisition, subject to regulatory review and customary closing conditions, is anticipated later this year. Financial details of the agreement are not being disclosed. Jefferies, LLC acted as exclusive financial advisor to SPG Holdings LLC in connection with this transaction.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money