Investigations close into whistleblower complaints about VA hospital
Published: June 25,2014
Tags: Carolyn Lerner, G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center, health, health care, hospial, investigation, medical, medicine, patient care, radiology, U.S. Office of Special Counsel, Veterans Affairs, whistleblower
JACKSON — The U.S. Office of Special Counsel says investigations are closed into whistleblower disclosure about radiology and patient care practices at the G. V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center in Jackson.
Carolyn Lerner of the U.S. Office of Special Counsel sent a letter to the president yesterday about whistleblower complaints at several VA facilities, including Jackson.
In her letter, Lerner says the Department of Veterans Affairs fails to use whistleblower information to address problems with patient care, the matters involved the Jackson VA are closed.
Jackson VA officials say in a statement that VA embraced the recommendations when they came last summer and took actions to deal with them.
Officials say the closing of the reports does not end the commitment to veterans to obtain quality health care.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Investigations close into whistleblower complaints about VA hospital”
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate