Investigations close into whistleblower complaints about VA hospital
Published: June 25,2014
Tags: Carolyn Lerner, G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center, health, health care, hospial, investigation, medical, medicine, patient care, radiology, U.S. Office of Special Counsel, Veterans Affairs, whistleblower
JACKSON — The U.S. Office of Special Counsel says investigations are closed into whistleblower disclosure about radiology and patient care practices at the G. V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center in Jackson.
Carolyn Lerner of the U.S. Office of Special Counsel sent a letter to the president yesterday about whistleblower complaints at several VA facilities, including Jackson.
In her letter, Lerner says the Department of Veterans Affairs fails to use whistleblower information to address problems with patient care, the matters involved the Jackson VA are closed.
Jackson VA officials say in a statement that VA embraced the recommendations when they came last summer and took actions to deal with them.
Officials say the closing of the reports does not end the commitment to veterans to obtain quality health care.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Investigations close into whistleblower complaints about VA hospital”
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves