Investigations close into whistleblower complaints about VA hospital
Published: June 25,2014
Tags: Carolyn Lerner, G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center, health, health care, hospial, investigation, medical, medicine, patient care, radiology, U.S. Office of Special Counsel, Veterans Affairs, whistleblower
JACKSON — The U.S. Office of Special Counsel says investigations are closed into whistleblower disclosure about radiology and patient care practices at the G. V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center in Jackson.
Carolyn Lerner of the U.S. Office of Special Counsel sent a letter to the president yesterday about whistleblower complaints at several VA facilities, including Jackson.
In her letter, Lerner says the Department of Veterans Affairs fails to use whistleblower information to address problems with patient care, the matters involved the Jackson VA are closed.
Jackson VA officials say in a statement that VA embraced the recommendations when they came last summer and took actions to deal with them.
Officials say the closing of the reports does not end the commitment to veterans to obtain quality health care.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Investigations close into whistleblower complaints about VA hospital”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics