Investigations close into whistleblower complaints about VA hospital
Published: June 25,2014
Tags: Carolyn Lerner, G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center, health, health care, hospial, investigation, medical, medicine, patient care, radiology, U.S. Office of Special Counsel, Veterans Affairs, whistleblower
JACKSON — The U.S. Office of Special Counsel says investigations are closed into whistleblower disclosure about radiology and patient care practices at the G. V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center in Jackson.
Carolyn Lerner of the U.S. Office of Special Counsel sent a letter to the president yesterday about whistleblower complaints at several VA facilities, including Jackson.
In her letter, Lerner says the Department of Veterans Affairs fails to use whistleblower information to address problems with patient care, the matters involved the Jackson VA are closed.
Jackson VA officials say in a statement that VA embraced the recommendations when they came last summer and took actions to deal with them.
Officials say the closing of the reports does not end the commitment to veterans to obtain quality health care.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Investigations close into whistleblower complaints about VA hospital”
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center