Investigations close into whistleblower complaints about VA hospital
Published: June 25,2014
Tags: Carolyn Lerner, G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center, health, health care, hospial, investigation, medical, medicine, patient care, radiology, U.S. Office of Special Counsel, Veterans Affairs, whistleblower
JACKSON — The U.S. Office of Special Counsel says investigations are closed into whistleblower disclosure about radiology and patient care practices at the G. V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center in Jackson.
Carolyn Lerner of the U.S. Office of Special Counsel sent a letter to the president yesterday about whistleblower complaints at several VA facilities, including Jackson.
In her letter, Lerner says the Department of Veterans Affairs fails to use whistleblower information to address problems with patient care, the matters involved the Jackson VA are closed.
Jackson VA officials say in a statement that VA embraced the recommendations when they came last summer and took actions to deal with them.
Officials say the closing of the reports does not end the commitment to veterans to obtain quality health care.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
One Response to “Investigations close into whistleblower complaints about VA hospital”
Top Posts & Pages
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports