Five injured when cranes collapse at VT Halter Marine
Published: June 26,2014
PASCAGOULA — Jackson County EOC director Earl Etheridge says two cranes collapsed at the VT Halter Marine shipyard in Pascagoula shortly after 2 p.m. yesterday.
Etheridge told WLOX-TV that one of the cranes fell on top of a building.
Officials say five people were injured in the accident.
Etheridge says one person has been air lifted to USA Medical Center in Mobile, Alabama, and four others have been taken to Singing River Hospital.
Etheridge says Pascagoula Police and Fire departments and Acadian Ambulance responded to the accident and are working to clear the scene.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports