Five injured when cranes collapse at VT Halter Marine
Published: June 26,2014
PASCAGOULA — Jackson County EOC director Earl Etheridge says two cranes collapsed at the VT Halter Marine shipyard in Pascagoula shortly after 2 p.m. yesterday.
Etheridge told WLOX-TV that one of the cranes fell on top of a building.
Officials say five people were injured in the accident.
Etheridge says one person has been air lifted to USA Medical Center in Mobile, Alabama, and four others have been taken to Singing River Hospital.
Etheridge says Pascagoula Police and Fire departments and Acadian Ambulance responded to the accident and are working to clear the scene.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House