Five injured when cranes collapse at VT Halter Marine
Published: June 26,2014
PASCAGOULA — Jackson County EOC director Earl Etheridge says two cranes collapsed at the VT Halter Marine shipyard in Pascagoula shortly after 2 p.m. yesterday.
Etheridge told WLOX-TV that one of the cranes fell on top of a building.
Officials say five people were injured in the accident.
Etheridge says one person has been air lifted to USA Medical Center in Mobile, Alabama, and four others have been taken to Singing River Hospital.
Etheridge says Pascagoula Police and Fire departments and Acadian Ambulance responded to the accident and are working to clear the scene.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Top 40 Under 40
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny