Nissan set yet another monthly sales record in June
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 1,2014
CANTON — Nissan Group has unveiled its sales report for June, and it shows the automaker set a new record.
Mississippi highlights include: Altima sales finished June at 26,111, led by gain of 9.1 percent in retail sales; Frontier sales edged up 5.7 percent to 5,722 units in June; NV sales jumped in June by 19.6 percent to 1,226 units.
Fred Diaz, Nissan’s senior vice president of sales and marketing & parts and service, said, “Nissan’s sales growth shows that we’ve found the right equation for success: the right vehicles plus a great group of dealers who are absolutely committed to our customers. Retail sales gains in June drove Nissan to its 15th monthly record in the last 16 months.”
Total U.S. sales for June were 109,643 units, an increase of 5.3 percent over the prior year and a June record.
- Nissan Division set a June record at 101,069 sales in the month, an increase of 6.4 percent. This marks a monthly record for Nissan division in 15 of the last 16 months.
- Versa subcompact sales increased 33.4 percent to 11,613 in June, also a record for the month.
- Sentra sales also set a June record at 17,097, up 67.6 percent for the month.
- Sales of the all-electric Nissan LEAF set a June record with 2,347 deliveries, an increase of 5.5 percent for the month.
- Altima sales finished June at 26,111, led by gain of 9.1 percent in retail sales.
- Rogue sales in June totaled 15,066, with a gain of 6.2 percent in retail sales.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency