Four arrested for involvement in counterfeit money ring
Published: July 2,2014
Tags: arrest, counterfeit, crime, David Alton Wade, Jones County Sheriff's Department, Keith LeRoy, law, law enforcement, legal, Leland G. Wade, Little General Store, Melissa Michelle McBride-Creel, Shawn Donella Wade
OVETT — Four people are now in custody in the investigation of a counterfeit money ring in Jones County.
Sheriff’s Department Sgt. Keith LeRoy says officers are looking for a fifth suspect.
LeRoy tells The Chronicle the four people arrested on forgery charges are Shawn Donella Wade, David Alton Wade, Leland G. Wade and Melissa Michelle McBride-Creel, all of Ovett.
LeRoy says investigators believe the ring has been operating since January.
He says nearly $3,000 of counterfeit money has been seized so far.
LeRoy says officers were alerted to the ring when someone tried to use a fake bill at the Little General Store in Ovett. He says another counterfeit bill was also used to buy two tires and two rims from a private individual.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Healthcare Marketplace to look much the same in 2015