CF Industries – Best Places to Work 2014
by Nash Nunnery
Published: July 3,2014
SECOND PLACE WINNER OF LARGE CATEGORY
Originally known as Central Farmers Fertilizer Company, CF Industries was founded by a group of farm cooperatives in Chicago with a need for a reliable source of fertilizer. Later, the company emerged as one of North America’s largest manufactuers and distributors of nitrogen fertilizer.
Today, the Yazoo City nitrogen manufacturing facility is located on approximately 2,240 acres and includes one ammonia plant, four nitric acid plants, an ammonium nitrate plant, two urea plants, a UAN plant, and a tetroxide production and storage facility.
In August 2005, the cooperative owners decided to take CF Industries public and began trading on the New York Stock Exchange, delivering strong returns to its shareholders while continuing to grow the company. Earlier this year, CF Industries completed the sale of its phosphate mining and manufacturing operations to the Mosaic Company for $1.4 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics