CF Industries – Best Places to Work 2014
by Nash Nunnery
Published: July 3,2014
SECOND PLACE WINNER OF LARGE CATEGORY
Originally known as Central Farmers Fertilizer Company, CF Industries was founded by a group of farm cooperatives in Chicago with a need for a reliable source of fertilizer. Later, the company emerged as one of North America’s largest manufactuers and distributors of nitrogen fertilizer.
Today, the Yazoo City nitrogen manufacturing facility is located on approximately 2,240 acres and includes one ammonia plant, four nitric acid plants, an ammonium nitrate plant, two urea plants, a UAN plant, and a tetroxide production and storage facility.
In August 2005, the cooperative owners decided to take CF Industries public and began trading on the New York Stock Exchange, delivering strong returns to its shareholders while continuing to grow the company. Earlier this year, CF Industries completed the sale of its phosphate mining and manufacturing operations to the Mosaic Company for $1.4 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on