CF Industries – Best Places to Work 2014
by Nash Nunnery
Published: July 3,2014
SECOND PLACE WINNER OF LARGE CATEGORY
Originally known as Central Farmers Fertilizer Company, CF Industries was founded by a group of farm cooperatives in Chicago with a need for a reliable source of fertilizer. Later, the company emerged as one of North America’s largest manufactuers and distributors of nitrogen fertilizer.
Today, the Yazoo City nitrogen manufacturing facility is located on approximately 2,240 acres and includes one ammonia plant, four nitric acid plants, an ammonium nitrate plant, two urea plants, a UAN plant, and a tetroxide production and storage facility.
In August 2005, the cooperative owners decided to take CF Industries public and began trading on the New York Stock Exchange, delivering strong returns to its shareholders while continuing to grow the company. Earlier this year, CF Industries completed the sale of its phosphate mining and manufacturing operations to the Mosaic Company for $1.4 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry