CF Industries – Best Places to Work 2014
by Nash Nunnery
Published: July 3,2014
SECOND PLACE WINNER OF LARGE CATEGORY
Originally known as Central Farmers Fertilizer Company, CF Industries was founded by a group of farm cooperatives in Chicago with a need for a reliable source of fertilizer. Later, the company emerged as one of North America’s largest manufactuers and distributors of nitrogen fertilizer.
Today, the Yazoo City nitrogen manufacturing facility is located on approximately 2,240 acres and includes one ammonia plant, four nitric acid plants, an ammonium nitrate plant, two urea plants, a UAN plant, and a tetroxide production and storage facility.
In August 2005, the cooperative owners decided to take CF Industries public and began trading on the New York Stock Exchange, delivering strong returns to its shareholders while continuing to grow the company. Earlier this year, CF Industries completed the sale of its phosphate mining and manufacturing operations to the Mosaic Company for $1.4 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center