CF Industries – Best Places to Work 2014
by Nash Nunnery
Published: July 3,2014
SECOND PLACE WINNER OF LARGE CATEGORY
Originally known as Central Farmers Fertilizer Company, CF Industries was founded by a group of farm cooperatives in Chicago with a need for a reliable source of fertilizer. Later, the company emerged as one of North America’s largest manufactuers and distributors of nitrogen fertilizer.
Today, the Yazoo City nitrogen manufacturing facility is located on approximately 2,240 acres and includes one ammonia plant, four nitric acid plants, an ammonium nitrate plant, two urea plants, a UAN plant, and a tetroxide production and storage facility.
In August 2005, the cooperative owners decided to take CF Industries public and began trading on the New York Stock Exchange, delivering strong returns to its shareholders while continuing to grow the company. Earlier this year, CF Industries completed the sale of its phosphate mining and manufacturing operations to the Mosaic Company for $1.4 billion.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi