Southern Pipe & Supply – Best Places to Work 2014
by Nash Nunnery
Published: July 3,2014
FIRST PLACE WINNER OF LARGE CATEGORY
At Southern Pipe & Supply, employees are hired for attitude, trained for skill-set and referred to by management as “family members.”
Since 1938, the Meridian company has been redefining the plumbing supply industry’s idea of how to do business, placing their emphasis on customer service and on creating opportunities for their team members. In fact, the company culture is rooted in relationships and doing what’s best for clients, vendors and “family members.”
Today, Southern Pipe is one of the nation’s largest privately held, independent wholesalers of plumbing, heating and air conditioning, water and sewer, and industrial materials.
The company operates 95 branches in seven states, and its state-of-the-art Central Distribution Center processes nearly 4 million items annually. Southern Pipe employs more than 740 “family members”, with about 260 of those working in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love