Southern Pipe & Supply – Best Places to Work 2014
by Nash Nunnery
Published: July 3,2014
FIRST PLACE WINNER OF LARGE CATEGORY
At Southern Pipe & Supply, employees are hired for attitude, trained for skill-set and referred to by management as “family members.”
Since 1938, the Meridian company has been redefining the plumbing supply industry’s idea of how to do business, placing their emphasis on customer service and on creating opportunities for their team members. In fact, the company culture is rooted in relationships and doing what’s best for clients, vendors and “family members.”
Today, Southern Pipe is one of the nation’s largest privately held, independent wholesalers of plumbing, heating and air conditioning, water and sewer, and industrial materials.
The company operates 95 branches in seven states, and its state-of-the-art Central Distribution Center processes nearly 4 million items annually. Southern Pipe employs more than 740 “family members”, with about 260 of those working in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal