Southern Pipe & Supply – Best Places to Work 2014
by Nash Nunnery
Published: July 3,2014
FIRST PLACE WINNER OF LARGE CATEGORY
At Southern Pipe & Supply, employees are hired for attitude, trained for skill-set and referred to by management as “family members.”
Since 1938, the Meridian company has been redefining the plumbing supply industry’s idea of how to do business, placing their emphasis on customer service and on creating opportunities for their team members. In fact, the company culture is rooted in relationships and doing what’s best for clients, vendors and “family members.”
Today, Southern Pipe is one of the nation’s largest privately held, independent wholesalers of plumbing, heating and air conditioning, water and sewer, and industrial materials.
The company operates 95 branches in seven states, and its state-of-the-art Central Distribution Center processes nearly 4 million items annually. Southern Pipe employs more than 740 “family members”, with about 260 of those working in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force