C Spire to launch home automation, security and monitoring services
by Frank Brown
Published: July 10,2014
Ridgeland-based C Spire, a diversified telecommunications and technology services company, plans to introduce a suite of next-generation home automation, security and monitoring services by the end of the year.
C Spire says its all-digital, IP-based services will be the first in Mississippi offered by a telecommunications provider. It will give consumers control and security of their homes using any web-enabled device, PC, tablet or smartphone with the Android or Apple iOS operating systems.
Called C Spire Home, the services will include the company’s previously announced high speed, fiber-based Gigabit Internet service, digital HD television, IP home phone services along with new home automation, security and monitoring services.
The remote home monitoring, automation and security services will be able to control and manage devices such as cameras, windows and door sensors, locks, thermostats, appliance and lighting controls and smoke, carbon monoxide, motion and broken glass sensors.
The home automation, security and monitoring services are expected to debut by the end of the year. Initial availability will be in one or more of the first C Spire Fiber to the Home cities of Quitman, Ridgeland and Starkville that have qualified areas for related services through pre-registration. Other markets will be added in the future.
“C Spire Home is a next-generation suite of Internet, digital television, phone, security, monitoring and automation services that helps move us one step closer to making our homes a hub for smarter living,” said Suzy Hays, senior vice president of Consumer Markets for C Spire. “With its unique integration and an intuitive app to easily control and manage every feature, this platform gives consumers what they want and need – meaningful applications coupled with simple, easy interfaces.”
The company plans to disclose details on monthly pricing and one-time installation costs soon, but Hays said the suite of home security, monitoring and automation services from C Spire will be competitive with other smart home solutions on the market today.
The C Spire Home touchscreen color control panel, built by Honeywell, is UL certified and will serve as the primary hub to manage C Spire’s all-digital home security, monitoring and automation platform.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- State’s Consumer Protection Act key to forcing S&P settlement on bogus bond ratings