Cal-Maine sets record; sells more than one billion dozen eggs
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2014
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. (NASDAQ: CALM) has reached annual sales of over one billion dozen eggs for fiscal 2014 with an expected total of 1.014 billion dozen fresh eggs sold.
This sets a new record year of sales for Cal-Maine Foods and the first time any domestic or world egg supplier has surpassed annual sales of over one billion dozen eggs, according to the company.
Dolph Baker, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Cal-Maine Foods, said, “Our sales for the year reflect strong organic growth as well as the additional volumes related to recent acquisitions. We have continued to benefit from favorable consumer demand for eggs throughout fiscal 2014. Industry studies show that eggs are found in nearly every household as consumers enjoy eggs’ versatility and the variety of dishes that include eggs. Furthermore, 85 percent of today’s egg consumers view eggs as a healthy part of their diet. We strive to meet this demand by offering a full complement of conventional, cage-free, organic and nutritionally enhanced eggs.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi