Cal-Maine sets record; sells more than one billion dozen eggs
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2014
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. (NASDAQ: CALM) has reached annual sales of over one billion dozen eggs for fiscal 2014 with an expected total of 1.014 billion dozen fresh eggs sold.
This sets a new record year of sales for Cal-Maine Foods and the first time any domestic or world egg supplier has surpassed annual sales of over one billion dozen eggs, according to the company.
Dolph Baker, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Cal-Maine Foods, said, “Our sales for the year reflect strong organic growth as well as the additional volumes related to recent acquisitions. We have continued to benefit from favorable consumer demand for eggs throughout fiscal 2014. Industry studies show that eggs are found in nearly every household as consumers enjoy eggs’ versatility and the variety of dishes that include eggs. Furthermore, 85 percent of today’s egg consumers view eggs as a healthy part of their diet. We strive to meet this demand by offering a full complement of conventional, cage-free, organic and nutritionally enhanced eggs.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions