Cal-Maine sets record; sells more than one billion dozen eggs
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 10,2014
JACKSON — Cal-Maine Foods Inc. (NASDAQ: CALM) has reached annual sales of over one billion dozen eggs for fiscal 2014 with an expected total of 1.014 billion dozen fresh eggs sold.
This sets a new record year of sales for Cal-Maine Foods and the first time any domestic or world egg supplier has surpassed annual sales of over one billion dozen eggs, according to the company.
Dolph Baker, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Cal-Maine Foods, said, “Our sales for the year reflect strong organic growth as well as the additional volumes related to recent acquisitions. We have continued to benefit from favorable consumer demand for eggs throughout fiscal 2014. Industry studies show that eggs are found in nearly every household as consumers enjoy eggs’ versatility and the variety of dishes that include eggs. Furthermore, 85 percent of today’s egg consumers view eggs as a healthy part of their diet. We strive to meet this demand by offering a full complement of conventional, cage-free, organic and nutritionally enhanced eggs.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money