Starkville’s Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
by Frank Brown
Published: July 14,2014
STARKVILLE, Mississippi — Groundbreaking is scheduled for noon Wednesday in Starkville for a 117-room Holiday Inn hotel, part of the the of the Cotton Mill Market Place project now under way at the intersection of Spring Street and Highway 12.
The $20 million investment in the hotel and 15,000-square-foot retail center now under construction should create more than 150 jobs, said developer Mark Nicholas, president of Nicholas Properties.
“This is a culmination of a six-year push,” said Nicholas. “We’ve worked with the city for a long time on this project, and they’ve been very supportive.”
He said the Market Place should be open in September, and the Cotton Mill Holiday Hotel will take 12-14 months to build.
The project is directly across Highway 12 from Mississippi State University, on property that was idol with abandoned buildings and rubble, said Nicholas.
Nicholas said the retail center is all but 12 percent leased. Three of the seven tenants include Jimmy John’s Gourmet Sandwich Shop, Hungry Howie’s Pizza and Salsarita’s Fresh Cantina. The hotel will feature a fine-dining steakhouse, said Nicholas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real