How Mississippi hospitals scored in U.S. News & World report’s rankings
by Ross Reily
Published: July 15,2014
The Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto in Southaven is the best hospital in Mississippi, according to the 2014-2015 U.S News and World Report Best Hospital rankings
Memorial Hospital-Gulfport and University of Mississippi Healthcare tied for second best ranked hospital in the state.
The Best Hospital rankings are updated every July and the hospitals are grouped into 16 individual specialty lists that range from cancer treatment to orthopedics.
Southwest Medical Center in Brookhaven and St. Dominic in Jackson tied for fourth.
Southwest Medical Center received nationally-recognized marks in the specialty of Neurology & Neurosurgery
St. Dominic received nationally-recognized marks in the specialty of Neurology & Neurosurgery
The rankings are based mostly on death rates of patients who represent especially challenging cases and on overall patient safety. Hospitals are also ranked on their reputation, which are based on annual physician surveys.
The three best hospitals in the nation are the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Md.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money