How Mississippi hospitals scored in U.S. News & World report’s rankings
by Ross Reily
Published: July 15,2014
The Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto in Southaven is the best hospital in Mississippi, according to the 2014-2015 U.S News and World Report Best Hospital rankings
Memorial Hospital-Gulfport and University of Mississippi Healthcare tied for second best ranked hospital in the state.
The Best Hospital rankings are updated every July and the hospitals are grouped into 16 individual specialty lists that range from cancer treatment to orthopedics.
Southwest Medical Center in Brookhaven and St. Dominic in Jackson tied for fourth.
Southwest Medical Center received nationally-recognized marks in the specialty of Neurology & Neurosurgery
St. Dominic received nationally-recognized marks in the specialty of Neurology & Neurosurgery
The rankings are based mostly on death rates of patients who represent especially challenging cases and on overall patient safety. Hospitals are also ranked on their reputation, which are based on annual physician surveys.
The three best hospitals in the nation are the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Md.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Columbus-built Airbus gets FAA airworthiness approval
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- BILL CRAWFORD: Gunn steals tax cut spotlight
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Bill would make only 1 hospital follow open-meetings act