How Mississippi hospitals scored in U.S. News & World report’s rankings
by Ross Reily
Published: July 15,2014
The Baptist Memorial Hospital-Desoto in Southaven is the best hospital in Mississippi, according to the 2014-2015 U.S News and World Report Best Hospital rankings
Memorial Hospital-Gulfport and University of Mississippi Healthcare tied for second best ranked hospital in the state.
The Best Hospital rankings are updated every July and the hospitals are grouped into 16 individual specialty lists that range from cancer treatment to orthopedics.
Southwest Medical Center in Brookhaven and St. Dominic in Jackson tied for fourth.
Southwest Medical Center received nationally-recognized marks in the specialty of Neurology & Neurosurgery
St. Dominic received nationally-recognized marks in the specialty of Neurology & Neurosurgery
The rankings are based mostly on death rates of patients who represent especially challenging cases and on overall patient safety. Hospitals are also ranked on their reputation, which are based on annual physician surveys.
The three best hospitals in the nation are the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston and John Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Md.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions