Lab ranks TVA in top 10 in green power revenue
Published: July 16,2014
Tags: electricity, energy, environment, green power, Green Switch, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, pollution, power, solar power, Tennessee Valley Authority, U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, utility, wind power
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority is one of the top 10 utilities for green power sales.
The U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory ranked TVA at number nine nationally for 2013.
In addition, the city of Oak Ridge was designated the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s first Green Power Community in the Southeast. That’s based in part on participation in TVA’s Green Power Switch program.
According to the utility, Green Power Switch gives consumers and businesses the opportunity to buy blocks of electricity generated by renewable resources like solar and wind.
Oak Ridge increased participation in Green Power Switch from 500 customers to more than 800 during a two-month campaign. The enrollment represents more than 5 percent of Oak Ridge’s customers, the highest rate of any community in the program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Judge expected to rule today on McDaniel's challenge of loss to Cochran
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Circuit clerks question how to get records to McDaniel's trial
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November