Lab ranks TVA in top 10 in green power revenue
Published: July 16,2014
Tags: electricity, energy, environment, green power, Green Switch, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, pollution, power, solar power, Tennessee Valley Authority, U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, utility, wind power
NORTH MISSISSIPPI — The Tennessee Valley Authority is one of the top 10 utilities for green power sales.
The U.S. Department of Energy’s National Renewable Energy Laboratory ranked TVA at number nine nationally for 2013.
In addition, the city of Oak Ridge was designated the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s first Green Power Community in the Southeast. That’s based in part on participation in TVA’s Green Power Switch program.
According to the utility, Green Power Switch gives consumers and businesses the opportunity to buy blocks of electricity generated by renewable resources like solar and wind.
Oak Ridge increased participation in Green Power Switch from 500 customers to more than 800 during a two-month campaign. The enrollment represents more than 5 percent of Oak Ridge’s customers, the highest rate of any community in the program.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option