Medical transportation company opening operation/call center
Published: July 18,2014
JACKSON — A Missouri company is opening a location in Mississippi to provide non-emergency medical transportation.
MTM Inc. plans a transportation operation and call center in a north Jackson office building that will hire 80 people. The company is investing $400,000.
The Mississippi Development Authority contributed $50,000 for building upgrades, as well as workforce training. State officials say the company will not be eligible for Mississippi’s additional health care incentives.
The company, based in Lake St. Louis, Missouri, provides a way to move non-emergency patients around without using expensive ambulances. Among its customers is the state of Mississippi, for whom it provides rides for Medicaid and kidney disease patients.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow