Brown stepping down at MSU-Meridian; going to West Florida
Published: July 20,2014
Tags: administrator, education, educator, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, Mark Keenum, Mississippi State University-Meridian, public university, Steven F. Brown, University of West Florida
MERIDIAN — Steven F. Brown, the dean and associate vice president at Mississippi State University-Meridian, is leaving Sept. 12 to accept a leadership post at a Florida university.
Brown has been at the MSU-Meridian campus since 2011.
He will become dean of the College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities at the University of West Florida in Pensacola, Florida.
He has held education posts at Emporia State University, the University of Mississippi, Northwest Missouri State University, East Central (Oklahoma) University and the University of Northern Iowa.
Mississippi State University president Mark Keenum says the school will immediately begin a search for Brown’s replacement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow