Brown stepping down at MSU-Meridian; going to West Florida
Published: July 20,2014
Tags: administrator, education, educator, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, Mark Keenum, Mississippi State University-Meridian, public university, Steven F. Brown, University of West Florida
MERIDIAN — Steven F. Brown, the dean and associate vice president at Mississippi State University-Meridian, is leaving Sept. 12 to accept a leadership post at a Florida university.
Brown has been at the MSU-Meridian campus since 2011.
He will become dean of the College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities at the University of West Florida in Pensacola, Florida.
He has held education posts at Emporia State University, the University of Mississippi, Northwest Missouri State University, East Central (Oklahoma) University and the University of Northern Iowa.
Mississippi State University president Mark Keenum says the school will immediately begin a search for Brown’s replacement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal