Brown stepping down at MSU-Meridian; going to West Florida
Published: July 20,2014
Tags: administrator, education, educator, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, Mark Keenum, Mississippi State University-Meridian, public university, Steven F. Brown, University of West Florida
MERIDIAN — Steven F. Brown, the dean and associate vice president at Mississippi State University-Meridian, is leaving Sept. 12 to accept a leadership post at a Florida university.
Brown has been at the MSU-Meridian campus since 2011.
He will become dean of the College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities at the University of West Florida in Pensacola, Florida.
He has held education posts at Emporia State University, the University of Mississippi, Northwest Missouri State University, East Central (Oklahoma) University and the University of Northern Iowa.
Mississippi State University president Mark Keenum says the school will immediately begin a search for Brown’s replacement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- Analysis: Lawmakers squabble over election-year tax cuts