Brown stepping down at MSU-Meridian; going to West Florida
Published: July 20,2014
Tags: administrator, education, educator, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, Mark Keenum, Mississippi State University-Meridian, public university, Steven F. Brown, University of West Florida
MERIDIAN — Steven F. Brown, the dean and associate vice president at Mississippi State University-Meridian, is leaving Sept. 12 to accept a leadership post at a Florida university.
Brown has been at the MSU-Meridian campus since 2011.
He will become dean of the College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities at the University of West Florida in Pensacola, Florida.
He has held education posts at Emporia State University, the University of Mississippi, Northwest Missouri State University, East Central (Oklahoma) University and the University of Northern Iowa.
Mississippi State University president Mark Keenum says the school will immediately begin a search for Brown’s replacement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey