Brown stepping down at MSU-Meridian; going to West Florida
Published: July 20,2014
Tags: administrator, education, educator, higher education, Institution of Higher Learning, Mark Keenum, Mississippi State University-Meridian, public university, Steven F. Brown, University of West Florida
MERIDIAN — Steven F. Brown, the dean and associate vice president at Mississippi State University-Meridian, is leaving Sept. 12 to accept a leadership post at a Florida university.
Brown has been at the MSU-Meridian campus since 2011.
He will become dean of the College of Arts, Social Sciences and Humanities at the University of West Florida in Pensacola, Florida.
He has held education posts at Emporia State University, the University of Mississippi, Northwest Missouri State University, East Central (Oklahoma) University and the University of Northern Iowa.
Mississippi State University president Mark Keenum says the school will immediately begin a search for Brown’s replacement.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Investors in Northbrook complex say Ridgeland targeting its own collateral for demolition
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports