Blue Cross, Habitat building home for Jackson family
by For the MBJ
Published: July 21,2014
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi is building a home for a Jackson family as part of a Covenant Build project.
The home at 1027 Gentry St. will provide a home for Latoya Eubanks and her two children. Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi’s Team Blue employees are providing 100 percent of the volunteer labor for the project, and Habitat for Humanity Mississippi Capital Area will lead volunteers through the 8-10 week process with support from experienced construction professionals. The family works alongside volunteers.
The Covenant Build project for the Eubanks family began June 7 and will extend into August. Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi’s Team Blue community service program provides opportunities for employees to work together on a variety of community efforts each year.
“The partnership with Habitat for Humanity was a natural fit with our dedication to building a healthier future for Mississippi communities,” said Carol Pigott, President and CEO, Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi. “We know how essential a home environment is to a healthy life, and we are honored to have the opportunity to support Latoya as she realizes her dream of providing that healthy home for her children.”
“We are grateful to Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi and its employees for their support of Habitat for Humanity Mississippi Capital Area and the Latoya Eubanks family,” said Cindy Griffin, Executive Director of HFHMCA. “They realize that a healthy home environment is critical to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and they are demonstrating that commitment by making a difference for a local family in need of a decent and affordable home.”
“Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi encourages employees to support their communities as a key component of healthy living,” said Meredith Bailess, Manager of Corporate Communications with Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi. “Our employees have shown they are passionate about helping others and dedicated to supporting organizations as part of Team Blue. The experience of working alongside Latoya and each other has truly been a gift for us all.”
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi, Meredith Bailess, Carol Pigott, Habitat for Humanity Mississippi Capital Area, BCBSMS, HFHMCA, Cindy Griffin, Latoya Eubanks, Covenant Build
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey