Dickey’s Barbecue opens Thursday in Tupelo
by For the MBJ
Published: July 23,2014
“We have barbecue options in Tupelo, but not the Texas-style barbecue Dickey’s Barbecue offers,” said Jason Ellis, co-owner with Marty Ballard, said in a news release. “The meats are slow smoked for 14 hours which makes a real difference. We’re excited to share this dining experience with the community!”
Thursday, the first 50 guests receive gift cards worth up to $50. Friday, customers have the chance to grab Dickey’s Barbecue gear with all day merchandise giveaways. Saturday, radio station Wizard 106.7 is onsite from noon to 2 p.m. The new location will be serving $2 pulled pork barbecue sandwiches. Also, one lucky winner will be chosen for a $500 gift card and three winners will receive free barbecue for an entire year.
Ballard and Ellis are Mississippi natives and got their start at Pepsi in Tupelo. They then both went to work with the Little Caesars franchise. Ballard owns eight Little Caesars in Mississippi and Louisiana. Ellis owns Little Caesars in Booneville. This will be 11th Dickey’s in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90