Dickey’s Barbecue opens Thursday in Tupelo
by For the MBJ
Published: July 23,2014
“We have barbecue options in Tupelo, but not the Texas-style barbecue Dickey’s Barbecue offers,” said Jason Ellis, co-owner with Marty Ballard, said in a news release. “The meats are slow smoked for 14 hours which makes a real difference. We’re excited to share this dining experience with the community!”
Thursday, the first 50 guests receive gift cards worth up to $50. Friday, customers have the chance to grab Dickey’s Barbecue gear with all day merchandise giveaways. Saturday, radio station Wizard 106.7 is onsite from noon to 2 p.m. The new location will be serving $2 pulled pork barbecue sandwiches. Also, one lucky winner will be chosen for a $500 gift card and three winners will receive free barbecue for an entire year.
Ballard and Ellis are Mississippi natives and got their start at Pepsi in Tupelo. They then both went to work with the Little Caesars franchise. Ballard owns eight Little Caesars in Mississippi and Louisiana. Ellis owns Little Caesars in Booneville. This will be 11th Dickey’s in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center