Dickey’s Barbecue opens Thursday in Tupelo
by For the MBJ
Published: July 23,2014
“We have barbecue options in Tupelo, but not the Texas-style barbecue Dickey’s Barbecue offers,” said Jason Ellis, co-owner with Marty Ballard, said in a news release. “The meats are slow smoked for 14 hours which makes a real difference. We’re excited to share this dining experience with the community!”
Thursday, the first 50 guests receive gift cards worth up to $50. Friday, customers have the chance to grab Dickey’s Barbecue gear with all day merchandise giveaways. Saturday, radio station Wizard 106.7 is onsite from noon to 2 p.m. The new location will be serving $2 pulled pork barbecue sandwiches. Also, one lucky winner will be chosen for a $500 gift card and three winners will receive free barbecue for an entire year.
Ballard and Ellis are Mississippi natives and got their start at Pepsi in Tupelo. They then both went to work with the Little Caesars franchise. Ballard owns eight Little Caesars in Mississippi and Louisiana. Ellis owns Little Caesars in Booneville. This will be 11th Dickey’s in Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss