Horizon Energy sees 300 percent production increase from Texas well
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 23,2014
GULFPORT — Horizon Energy Corporation’s workover and stimulation operation at the Holmes Oil Unit Number 1 in Cherokee County, Texas, has increased production 300 percent since the beginning of the project.
“This operation is still coming out of initial production and we are very encouraged at the prospects going forward,” said Robert Bludorn, president and CEO of Gulfport-based Horizon Energy. “The successful renewal of this mature field is an example of the effective use of oil recovery technology that will keep independent operators at the forefront of the industry, providing energy that drives our economy.”
Horizon is operating the joint exploration project with Ponta E&P in East Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs