Horizon Energy sees 300 percent production increase from Texas well
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 23,2014
GULFPORT — Horizon Energy Corporation’s workover and stimulation operation at the Holmes Oil Unit Number 1 in Cherokee County, Texas, has increased production 300 percent since the beginning of the project.
“This operation is still coming out of initial production and we are very encouraged at the prospects going forward,” said Robert Bludorn, president and CEO of Gulfport-based Horizon Energy. “The successful renewal of this mature field is an example of the effective use of oil recovery technology that will keep independent operators at the forefront of the industry, providing energy that drives our economy.”
Horizon is operating the joint exploration project with Ponta E&P in East Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Chancery judge delays JRA bond approval for Jackson's Westin hotel
- KILL BILL: Common Core death knell heads to Gov. Bryant's desk
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Keeping our eye on: Neal Stephens
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing