Horizon Energy sees 300 percent production increase from Texas well
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 23,2014
GULFPORT — Horizon Energy Corporation’s workover and stimulation operation at the Holmes Oil Unit Number 1 in Cherokee County, Texas, has increased production 300 percent since the beginning of the project.
“This operation is still coming out of initial production and we are very encouraged at the prospects going forward,” said Robert Bludorn, president and CEO of Gulfport-based Horizon Energy. “The successful renewal of this mature field is an example of the effective use of oil recovery technology that will keep independent operators at the forefront of the industry, providing energy that drives our economy.”
Horizon is operating the joint exploration project with Ponta E&P in East Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- County to ask if it can use unspent hurricane recovery money
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth