Horizon Energy sees 300 percent production increase from Texas well
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 23,2014
GULFPORT — Horizon Energy Corporation’s workover and stimulation operation at the Holmes Oil Unit Number 1 in Cherokee County, Texas, has increased production 300 percent since the beginning of the project.
“This operation is still coming out of initial production and we are very encouraged at the prospects going forward,” said Robert Bludorn, president and CEO of Gulfport-based Horizon Energy. “The successful renewal of this mature field is an example of the effective use of oil recovery technology that will keep independent operators at the forefront of the industry, providing energy that drives our economy.”
Horizon is operating the joint exploration project with Ponta E&P in East Texas.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment