Tupelo City Council approves $500K for airport taxiway
Published: July 24,2014
Tags: airport, appropriation, avaition, City of Tupelo, grant, Mississippi Department of Transportation, runway, taxiway, travel, Tupelo City Council, Tupelo Regional Airport, Universal Asset Management
TUPELO — The Tupelo City Council has voted to provide money toward a matching state grant awarded to build a long-discussed taxiway at Tupelo Regional Airport.
The project last fall was estimated to cost $1.2 million and would have repaired the old runway and taxiway. This new project will build a parallel taxiway to the crumbling runway.
The city council is providing $417,000 plus another $83,000 that hasn’t been spent for emergency runway repairs. The funds will be used to match a Mississippi Department of Transportation grant.
Construction should begin toward the end of the year and will take about 200 days to complete.
The taxiway is used by Universal Asset Management, which disassembles and recycles retired aircraft, and companies that sell fuel at the airport.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters