Barefoot Carriers investing, creating jobs in Ripley
Published: July 29,2014
RIPLEY — Barefoot Carriers is expanding its operations in Ripley.
Officials say in a news release yesterday that the project represents a $2 million corporate investment and will create 25 new jobs.
The expansion involves the addition of 12 trucks and trailers, new equipment, and the extension of the company’s truck and trailer parking and lay-down area.
Established in 2001, Barefoot Carriers is a family-owned and operated company that primarily provides over-the-road trucking and long-haul service throughout the United States.
The company’s customers range from medical suppliers to the furniture manufacturers, with its largest customer being Ashely Furniture. Barefoot Carriers currently operates 44 over the road and four local trucks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image