Barefoot Carriers investing, creating jobs in Ripley
Published: July 29,2014
RIPLEY — Barefoot Carriers is expanding its operations in Ripley.
Officials say in a news release yesterday that the project represents a $2 million corporate investment and will create 25 new jobs.
The expansion involves the addition of 12 trucks and trailers, new equipment, and the extension of the company’s truck and trailer parking and lay-down area.
Established in 2001, Barefoot Carriers is a family-owned and operated company that primarily provides over-the-road trucking and long-haul service throughout the United States.
The company’s customers range from medical suppliers to the furniture manufacturers, with its largest customer being Ashely Furniture. Barefoot Carriers currently operates 44 over the road and four local trucks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex