Barefoot Carriers investing, creating jobs in Ripley
Published: July 29,2014
RIPLEY — Barefoot Carriers is expanding its operations in Ripley.
Officials say in a news release yesterday that the project represents a $2 million corporate investment and will create 25 new jobs.
The expansion involves the addition of 12 trucks and trailers, new equipment, and the extension of the company’s truck and trailer parking and lay-down area.
Established in 2001, Barefoot Carriers is a family-owned and operated company that primarily provides over-the-road trucking and long-haul service throughout the United States.
The company’s customers range from medical suppliers to the furniture manufacturers, with its largest customer being Ashely Furniture. Barefoot Carriers currently operates 44 over the road and four local trucks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs