Barefoot Carriers investing, creating jobs in Ripley
Published: July 29,2014
RIPLEY — Barefoot Carriers is expanding its operations in Ripley.
Officials say in a news release yesterday that the project represents a $2 million corporate investment and will create 25 new jobs.
The expansion involves the addition of 12 trucks and trailers, new equipment, and the extension of the company’s truck and trailer parking and lay-down area.
Established in 2001, Barefoot Carriers is a family-owned and operated company that primarily provides over-the-road trucking and long-haul service throughout the United States.
The company’s customers range from medical suppliers to the furniture manufacturers, with its largest customer being Ashely Furniture. Barefoot Carriers currently operates 44 over the road and four local trucks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss