Barefoot Carriers investing, creating jobs in Ripley
Published: July 29,2014
RIPLEY — Barefoot Carriers is expanding its operations in Ripley.
Officials say in a news release yesterday that the project represents a $2 million corporate investment and will create 25 new jobs.
The expansion involves the addition of 12 trucks and trailers, new equipment, and the extension of the company’s truck and trailer parking and lay-down area.
Established in 2001, Barefoot Carriers is a family-owned and operated company that primarily provides over-the-road trucking and long-haul service throughout the United States.
The company’s customers range from medical suppliers to the furniture manufacturers, with its largest customer being Ashely Furniture. Barefoot Carriers currently operates 44 over the road and four local trucks.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center