Contractor nears completion on project to replace four bridges
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 31,2014
JASPER COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is nearing completion on a bridge replacement project involving four bridges on Highway 513 over Souinlovey Creek near Fellowship Road in Jasper County.
The $5.4-million project was awarded to Joe McGee Construction Company Inc. of Lake. Along with work to replace the structurally deficient bridges, the project included the addition of wider shoulders along the roadway and realignment of curves in the roadway to current design standards.
The project is scheduled for completion in September.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion