Contractor nears completion on project to replace four bridges
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 31,2014
JASPER COUNTY — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) is nearing completion on a bridge replacement project involving four bridges on Highway 513 over Souinlovey Creek near Fellowship Road in Jasper County.
The $5.4-million project was awarded to Joe McGee Construction Company Inc. of Lake. Along with work to replace the structurally deficient bridges, the project included the addition of wider shoulders along the roadway and realignment of curves in the roadway to current design standards.
The project is scheduled for completion in September.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money