Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
Published: July 31,2014
LOUISVILLE — State Sen. Giles Ward, a Republican from Louisville, has announced he will not seek a third term in state Senate.
Ward made announcement yesterday in a speech at the Neshoba County Fair.
The 66-year-old Ward represents Senate District 18, which is comprised of all of Leake and Neshoba counties and a part of Winston County.
Ward is chairman of the Senate Wildlife Committee. He was elected to the Senate in 2007 after having served five terms as a member of the Louisville Board of Alderman. He was re-elected in 2011.
Before his election to the Senate, Ward worked 33 years as a regional manager with Georgia-Pacific Corporation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds