Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
Published: July 31,2014
LOUISVILLE — State Sen. Giles Ward, a Republican from Louisville, has announced he will not seek a third term in state Senate.
Ward made announcement yesterday in a speech at the Neshoba County Fair.
The 66-year-old Ward represents Senate District 18, which is comprised of all of Leake and Neshoba counties and a part of Winston County.
Ward is chairman of the Senate Wildlife Committee. He was elected to the Senate in 2007 after having served five terms as a member of the Louisville Board of Alderman. He was re-elected in 2011.
Before his election to the Senate, Ward worked 33 years as a regional manager with Georgia-Pacific Corporation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager