Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
Published: July 31,2014
LOUISVILLE — State Sen. Giles Ward, a Republican from Louisville, has announced he will not seek a third term in state Senate.
Ward made announcement yesterday in a speech at the Neshoba County Fair.
The 66-year-old Ward represents Senate District 18, which is comprised of all of Leake and Neshoba counties and a part of Winston County.
Ward is chairman of the Senate Wildlife Committee. He was elected to the Senate in 2007 after having served five terms as a member of the Louisville Board of Alderman. He was re-elected in 2011.
Before his election to the Senate, Ward worked 33 years as a regional manager with Georgia-Pacific Corporation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option