Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
Published: July 31,2014
LOUISVILLE — State Sen. Giles Ward, a Republican from Louisville, has announced he will not seek a third term in state Senate.
Ward made announcement yesterday in a speech at the Neshoba County Fair.
The 66-year-old Ward represents Senate District 18, which is comprised of all of Leake and Neshoba counties and a part of Winston County.
Ward is chairman of the Senate Wildlife Committee. He was elected to the Senate in 2007 after having served five terms as a member of the Louisville Board of Alderman. He was re-elected in 2011.
Before his election to the Senate, Ward worked 33 years as a regional manager with Georgia-Pacific Corporation.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image