Horizon Energy optimistic after oil field recompletion
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 31,2014
GULFPORT — Horizon Energy Corporation is reporting positive results for its exploration project in the East Texas counties of Cherokee and Rusk, and the project has entered the revenue-producing stage.
The company said it is now eyeing other sites in the area that can be recompleted in similar fashion.
“Recompletion projects in this area have demonstrated success by employing hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling,” said Robert Bludorn, president and CEO of Horizon Energy Corporation. He added, “The effective use of advanced technology has made it possible for East Texas to begin experiencing a renewal, and we are pleased to be part of this progress.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years