Horizon Energy optimistic after oil field recompletion
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 31,2014
GULFPORT — Horizon Energy Corporation is reporting positive results for its exploration project in the East Texas counties of Cherokee and Rusk, and the project has entered the revenue-producing stage.
The company said it is now eyeing other sites in the area that can be recompleted in similar fashion.
“Recompletion projects in this area have demonstrated success by employing hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling,” said Robert Bludorn, president and CEO of Horizon Energy Corporation. He added, “The effective use of advanced technology has made it possible for East Texas to begin experiencing a renewal, and we are pleased to be part of this progress.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state