Horizon Energy optimistic after oil field recompletion
by MBJ Staff
Published: July 31,2014
GULFPORT — Horizon Energy Corporation is reporting positive results for its exploration project in the East Texas counties of Cherokee and Rusk, and the project has entered the revenue-producing stage.
The company said it is now eyeing other sites in the area that can be recompleted in similar fashion.
“Recompletion projects in this area have demonstrated success by employing hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling,” said Robert Bludorn, president and CEO of Horizon Energy Corporation. He added, “The effective use of advanced technology has made it possible for East Texas to begin experiencing a renewal, and we are pleased to be part of this progress.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three