Hospital cutting salaries, some by as much as 20 percent
Published: August 4,2014
NATCHEZ — Natchez Regional Medical Center has announced a 10 percent salary reduction for all employees and managers with some while upper and some middle management-level workers will see a cut of 20 percent.
The hospital announced the cuts in a news release this past week.
The hospital says it is trying to shore up its finances to remain until it is turned over to new ownership.
Community Health Systems is expected to finalize the purchase of the hospital by Sept. 30.
NRMC Chief Executive Officer Donny Rentfro says employees making less than $9 an hour will not be affected and no employee will drop below $9 an hour in the reduction.
NRMC opened in 1960 as Jefferson Davis Memorial Hospital.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO