Hospital cutting salaries, some by as much as 20 percent
Published: August 4,2014
NATCHEZ — Natchez Regional Medical Center has announced a 10 percent salary reduction for all employees and managers with some while upper and some middle management-level workers will see a cut of 20 percent.
The hospital announced the cuts in a news release this past week.
The hospital says it is trying to shore up its finances to remain until it is turned over to new ownership.
Community Health Systems is expected to finalize the purchase of the hospital by Sept. 30.
NRMC Chief Executive Officer Donny Rentfro says employees making less than $9 an hour will not be affected and no employee will drop below $9 an hour in the reduction.
NRMC opened in 1960 as Jefferson Davis Memorial Hospital.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending