Hospital cutting salaries, some by as much as 20 percent
Published: August 4,2014
NATCHEZ — Natchez Regional Medical Center has announced a 10 percent salary reduction for all employees and managers with some while upper and some middle management-level workers will see a cut of 20 percent.
The hospital announced the cuts in a news release this past week.
The hospital says it is trying to shore up its finances to remain until it is turned over to new ownership.
Community Health Systems is expected to finalize the purchase of the hospital by Sept. 30.
NRMC Chief Executive Officer Donny Rentfro says employees making less than $9 an hour will not be affected and no employee will drop below $9 an hour in the reduction.
NRMC opened in 1960 as Jefferson Davis Memorial Hospital.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination