Hospital cutting salaries, some by as much as 20 percent
Published: August 4,2014
NATCHEZ — Natchez Regional Medical Center has announced a 10 percent salary reduction for all employees and managers with some while upper and some middle management-level workers will see a cut of 20 percent.
The hospital announced the cuts in a news release this past week.
The hospital says it is trying to shore up its finances to remain until it is turned over to new ownership.
Community Health Systems is expected to finalize the purchase of the hospital by Sept. 30.
NRMC Chief Executive Officer Donny Rentfro says employees making less than $9 an hour will not be affected and no employee will drop below $9 an hour in the reduction.
NRMC opened in 1960 as Jefferson Davis Memorial Hospital.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015