Hospital cutting salaries, some by as much as 20 percent
Published: August 4,2014
NATCHEZ — Natchez Regional Medical Center has announced a 10 percent salary reduction for all employees and managers with some while upper and some middle management-level workers will see a cut of 20 percent.
The hospital announced the cuts in a news release this past week.
The hospital says it is trying to shore up its finances to remain until it is turned over to new ownership.
Community Health Systems is expected to finalize the purchase of the hospital by Sept. 30.
NRMC Chief Executive Officer Donny Rentfro says employees making less than $9 an hour will not be affected and no employee will drop below $9 an hour in the reduction.
NRMC opened in 1960 as Jefferson Davis Memorial Hospital.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Proposed ammo ban empties shelves
- DAVID DALLAS: Tax slasher productions comes to Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Hattiesburg wastewater treatment system could cost $152M
- Status of some bills in the Mississippi Legislature
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- Events and Nominations