Candidates lining up to be Waveland’s next mayor
Published: August 5,2014
WAVELAND — Candidate qualifying begins Friday for Waveland’s municipal elections.
Waveland Mayor David Garcia announced last week he would not be seeking re-election and is retiring after his term expires in December. Candidates are already lining up.
Before Garcia’s announcement, local businessman Jay Trapani had announced he was running for mayor
City party primary elections are scheduled for Nov. 4 and the general election is Dec. 2.
Waveland operates under a special city charter and holds its elections on different years than most cities in the state.
The qualifying period will end Sept. 5.
Candidates can run for office by going to city hall during the qualifying period and declaring a specific party, if any.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image