Candidates lining up to be Waveland’s next mayor
Published: August 5,2014
WAVELAND — Candidate qualifying begins Friday for Waveland’s municipal elections.
Waveland Mayor David Garcia announced last week he would not be seeking re-election and is retiring after his term expires in December. Candidates are already lining up.
Before Garcia’s announcement, local businessman Jay Trapani had announced he was running for mayor
City party primary elections are scheduled for Nov. 4 and the general election is Dec. 2.
Waveland operates under a special city charter and holds its elections on different years than most cities in the state.
The qualifying period will end Sept. 5.
Candidates can run for office by going to city hall during the qualifying period and declaring a specific party, if any.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey