Candidates lining up to be Waveland’s next mayor
Published: August 5,2014
WAVELAND — Candidate qualifying begins Friday for Waveland’s municipal elections.
Waveland Mayor David Garcia announced last week he would not be seeking re-election and is retiring after his term expires in December. Candidates are already lining up.
Before Garcia’s announcement, local businessman Jay Trapani had announced he was running for mayor
City party primary elections are scheduled for Nov. 4 and the general election is Dec. 2.
Waveland operates under a special city charter and holds its elections on different years than most cities in the state.
The qualifying period will end Sept. 5.
Candidates can run for office by going to city hall during the qualifying period and declaring a specific party, if any.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference