Two companies fined for violating No-Call Law
Published: August 5,2014
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission has entered default judgments against two companies for alleged violations of the state’s No-Call Law.
Northern District Public Service Commission Brandon Presley says in a news release the companies were alleged to have made unauthorized telephone solicitations and failed to register with the PSC as telephone solicitors.
Presley says Your Direct Source Inc. of Florida was fined $80,000 and Secure Alliance Corp. of California was fined $15,000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Once the bane of only Southerners, kudzu is migrating north and west
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste