Two companies fined for violating No-Call Law
Published: August 5,2014
JACKSON — The Mississippi Public Service Commission has entered default judgments against two companies for alleged violations of the state’s No-Call Law.
Northern District Public Service Commission Brandon Presley says in a news release the companies were alleged to have made unauthorized telephone solicitations and failed to register with the PSC as telephone solicitors.
Presley says Your Direct Source Inc. of Florida was fined $80,000 and Secure Alliance Corp. of California was fined $15,000.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- DAVID DALLAS: Getting a grip on LGBT issues
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Governor signs fracking bill as database comes under scrutiny
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release