Key awarded contract to fix bridge damaged in semi-trailer accident
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 7,2014
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has awarded Key, LLC of Madison a repair project involving damage that was caused when a semi-trailer carrying a tractor collided with the I-59 overpass bridge over U.S. Highway 49 (near Exit 67) in Hattiesburg on July 14.
The $167,000 repair project is set to begin tomorrow. Work will include removing and replacing a 12 x 9 foot portion of the bridge and outside railing. New reinforcement bars will be installed at the existing reinforcement and new concrete will be placed at the damaged area.
“MDOT has made this repair project a priority with the goal of making the roadway and bridge repairs before Labor Day weekend,” said Southern District Commissioner Tom King.
Once work on the project begins, motorists should expect lane closures on I-59 southbound and U.S. Highway 49 southbound. The ramp from U.S. Highway 49 northbound to I-59 southbound will remain closed. The I-59 southbound loop to U.S. Highway 49 southbound will also be closed. These closures are necessary for the placement of scaffolding around the damaged bridge during the repairs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur