Key awarded contract to fix bridge damaged in semi-trailer accident
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 7,2014
HATTIESBURG — The Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) has awarded Key, LLC of Madison a repair project involving damage that was caused when a semi-trailer carrying a tractor collided with the I-59 overpass bridge over U.S. Highway 49 (near Exit 67) in Hattiesburg on July 14.
The $167,000 repair project is set to begin tomorrow. Work will include removing and replacing a 12 x 9 foot portion of the bridge and outside railing. New reinforcement bars will be installed at the existing reinforcement and new concrete will be placed at the damaged area.
“MDOT has made this repair project a priority with the goal of making the roadway and bridge repairs before Labor Day weekend,” said Southern District Commissioner Tom King.
Once work on the project begins, motorists should expect lane closures on I-59 southbound and U.S. Highway 49 southbound. The ramp from U.S. Highway 49 northbound to I-59 southbound will remain closed. The I-59 southbound loop to U.S. Highway 49 southbound will also be closed. These closures are necessary for the placement of scaffolding around the damaged bridge during the repairs.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal