Philips Lighting expanding, adding 50 new jobs
Published: August 8,2014
TUPELO — Philips Lighting Co. will add 50 new jobs in a $2 million expansion of operations at its facility in Tupelo.
The company says in a news release that it is expanding its product lines to include incorporating LED technology made at the company’s San Jose, California, facility into the Tupelo facility’s production line-up.
Iain Logan, head of operations for Philips Lighting Americas, said the line-up includes state-of-the-art intelligent fixtures that automatically respond to their environment.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided assistance in support of the project for building modifications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate