Philips Lighting expanding, adding 50 new jobs
Published: August 8,2014
TUPELO — Philips Lighting Co. will add 50 new jobs in a $2 million expansion of operations at its facility in Tupelo.
The company says in a news release that it is expanding its product lines to include incorporating LED technology made at the company’s San Jose, California, facility into the Tupelo facility’s production line-up.
Iain Logan, head of operations for Philips Lighting Americas, said the line-up includes state-of-the-art intelligent fixtures that automatically respond to their environment.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided assistance in support of the project for building modifications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- McDaniel files legal arguments as he looks to overturn Cochran loss