Philips Lighting expanding, adding 50 new jobs
Published: August 8,2014
TUPELO — Philips Lighting Co. will add 50 new jobs in a $2 million expansion of operations at its facility in Tupelo.
The company says in a news release that it is expanding its product lines to include incorporating LED technology made at the company’s San Jose, California, facility into the Tupelo facility’s production line-up.
Iain Logan, head of operations for Philips Lighting Americas, said the line-up includes state-of-the-art intelligent fixtures that automatically respond to their environment.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided assistance in support of the project for building modifications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player