Philips Lighting expanding, adding 50 new jobs
Published: August 8,2014
TUPELO — Philips Lighting Co. will add 50 new jobs in a $2 million expansion of operations at its facility in Tupelo.
The company says in a news release that it is expanding its product lines to include incorporating LED technology made at the company’s San Jose, California, facility into the Tupelo facility’s production line-up.
Iain Logan, head of operations for Philips Lighting Americas, said the line-up includes state-of-the-art intelligent fixtures that automatically respond to their environment.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided assistance in support of the project for building modifications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions