Philips Lighting expanding, adding 50 new jobs
Published: August 8,2014
TUPELO — Philips Lighting Co. will add 50 new jobs in a $2 million expansion of operations at its facility in Tupelo.
The company says in a news release that it is expanding its product lines to include incorporating LED technology made at the company’s San Jose, California, facility into the Tupelo facility’s production line-up.
Iain Logan, head of operations for Philips Lighting Americas, said the line-up includes state-of-the-art intelligent fixtures that automatically respond to their environment.
The Mississippi Development Authority provided assistance in support of the project for building modifications.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Mississippi takes an incentives licking, keeps on ticking
- Bill would open hospital meetings, expand records access
- (VIDEO) ALAN TURNER: Wilson says he’s ready for elected office
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Mississippi furniture makers on rebound with more exports