GOLF ranks state’s courses; Fallen Oaks, Dancing Rabbit make top 100
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 15,2014
Tags: athletics, Beau Rivage, Dancing Rabbit, Fallen Oaks, Golf, Grand Bear, Harrah's, magazine, media, Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians, Mississippi Golf Resort Classic, Pearl River Resort, ranking, Shell Landing, sports
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Fallen Oak and Dancing Rabbit Golf Club/Azaleas have been ranked No. 30 and No. 32 respectively on GOLF Magazine’s “2014 Best Courses You Can Play” in America – a biennial list of 100 public-access courses.
Using a team of national course raters, GOLF Magazine recognized five Mississippi courses overall in its “2014 Best Courses Near You” by state list. They are:
No. 1: Fallen Oak in Biloxi
No. 2: Dancing Rabbit Golf Club/Azaleas Course in Choctaw
No. 3: Grand Bear Golf Course in Saucier
No. 4: Dancing Rabbit Golf Club/Oaks Course in Choctaw
No. 5: Shell Landing Golf Club in Gautier
Fallen Oak is open exclusively to guests of the Beau Rivage Resort & Casino. The Tom Fazio-designed course sits adjacent to the DeSoto National Forest and each spring plays host to the Mississippi Gulf Resort Classic.
Dancing Rabbit’s Azaleas and Oaks courses are amenities of the Pearl River Resort, which is owned and operated by the Mississippi Band of Choctaw Indians. Meandering through hundreds of acres, the two 18-hole championship courses are isolated among ancient pines, set alongside lush fairways.
Grand Bear Golf Course, an amenity of Harrah’s Gulf Coast Casino, Hotel and Spa, is perennially named one of the top casino courses in the country. The Jack Nicklaus Signature Course features deep bunkers, secluded fairways and manicured greens.
Located less than a mile from the Mississippi Gulf Coast, the Davis Love III-designed Shell Landing Golf Club winds through bayous, marshes and tall pines, showcasing a layout all skills of golfers enjoy.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino