VT Halter finishes construction on largest vessel in company history
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 18,2014
PASCAGOULA — VT Halter Marine Inc. has launched the MV Marjorie C, a container and roll-on/roll-off car truck carrier at its Pascagoula facilities.
The MV Marjorie C is the second vessel built for Honolulu-based Pasha Hawaii. It has the ability to carry 1,500 20-foot equivalent units, above and under deck, as well as vehicles and over-high and over-wide cargoes on 10 workable decks. The 692-foot long vessel, with a vehicle shipping capacity of 2,750 units, is the largest vessel ever built by VT Halter Marine. The stern quarter ramp measures 39.4’ wide and 20.7’ high, with a rated capacity at up to 250 metric tons. The vessel’s design incorporates the highest level of operating efficiencies as well as reduced environmental impacts.
Pasha’s first vessel, the MV Jean Anne, also built by VT Halter Marine, was put into service in March 2005 and was designated the “Ship of the Year” by American Ship Review that same year. The MV Marjorie C is the second U.S. flag vessel to join Pasha Hawaii’s fleet. She will sail opposite the MV Jean Anne, enabling Pasha to provide weekly service to Hawaii.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment