Baker Donelson’s W. Scott Welch presented award
W. Scott Welch of Baker Donelson was recently presented with the Mississippi Bar’s Lifetime Achievement Award, an award given to an individual who has demonstrated devoted service to the public, profession, and the administration of justice over the span of a professional career. A shareholder in the firm’s Jackson office, Welch is a civil trial lawyer who has served as president of The Mississippi Bar, as national president of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and as a member of the American Bar Association Board of Governors and House of Delegates for many years. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and the Litigation Counsel of America, and was among Lawdragon’s 500 Leading Lawyers in America for five consecutive years. In 2012 he was recognized with the Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association Lifetime Achievement Award and as the University of Mississippi law Alumnus of the Year. He has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America since 1995, and was named the Best Lawyers’ Jackson, Mississippi Personal Injury Litigator of the Year in 2011 and 2014. Welch has also been included in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers since 2004 and in Mid-South Super Lawyers, where he has been listed among the Top 50 attorneys in Mississippi since 2006.
He is a member of a number of professional organizations and has served on numerous committees and commissions and as a member of the board of directors of Harbor House of Jackson Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so