Baker Donelson’s W. Scott Welch presented award
W. Scott Welch of Baker Donelson was recently presented with the Mississippi Bar’s Lifetime Achievement Award, an award given to an individual who has demonstrated devoted service to the public, profession, and the administration of justice over the span of a professional career. A shareholder in the firm’s Jackson office, Welch is a civil trial lawyer who has served as president of The Mississippi Bar, as national president of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and as a member of the American Bar Association Board of Governors and House of Delegates for many years. He is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and the Litigation Counsel of America, and was among Lawdragon’s 500 Leading Lawyers in America for five consecutive years. In 2012 he was recognized with the Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association Lifetime Achievement Award and as the University of Mississippi law Alumnus of the Year. He has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America since 1995, and was named the Best Lawyers’ Jackson, Mississippi Personal Injury Litigator of the Year in 2011 and 2014. Welch has also been included in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers since 2004 and in Mid-South Super Lawyers, where he has been listed among the Top 50 attorneys in Mississippi since 2006.
He is a member of a number of professional organizations and has served on numerous committees and commissions and as a member of the board of directors of Harbor House of Jackson Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real