Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 19,2014
HATTIESBURG — Georgia-Pacific, LLC and SPG Holdings, LLC have completed the previously announced acquisition of SPG by Georgia-Pacific.
Financial details of the agreement are not being disclosed.
As a result of the acquisition, Georgia-Pacific acquired all of the equity of SPG held by investors in the company including CIC Partners, a Dallas-based middle market private equity firm that has been the lead investor in the company since 2011.
The acquisition includes SPG’s three manufacturing facilities in Hattiesburg; Green Bay, Wisconsin; and Augusta, Georgia; as well as a sales and administrative office in Dallas. Operated by approximately 500 employees, SPG and its facilities now become a wholly owned subsidiary of Georgia-Pacific in the acquisition. Jefferies, LLC acted as the exclusive financial advisor to SPG Holdings, LLC in connection with this transaction.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters