Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 19,2014
HATTIESBURG — Georgia-Pacific, LLC and SPG Holdings, LLC have completed the previously announced acquisition of SPG by Georgia-Pacific.
Financial details of the agreement are not being disclosed.
As a result of the acquisition, Georgia-Pacific acquired all of the equity of SPG held by investors in the company including CIC Partners, a Dallas-based middle market private equity firm that has been the lead investor in the company since 2011.
The acquisition includes SPG’s three manufacturing facilities in Hattiesburg; Green Bay, Wisconsin; and Augusta, Georgia; as well as a sales and administrative office in Dallas. Operated by approximately 500 employees, SPG and its facilities now become a wholly owned subsidiary of Georgia-Pacific in the acquisition. Jefferies, LLC acted as the exclusive financial advisor to SPG Holdings, LLC in connection with this transaction.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference