Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 19,2014
HATTIESBURG — Georgia-Pacific, LLC and SPG Holdings, LLC have completed the previously announced acquisition of SPG by Georgia-Pacific.
Financial details of the agreement are not being disclosed.
As a result of the acquisition, Georgia-Pacific acquired all of the equity of SPG held by investors in the company including CIC Partners, a Dallas-based middle market private equity firm that has been the lead investor in the company since 2011.
The acquisition includes SPG’s three manufacturing facilities in Hattiesburg; Green Bay, Wisconsin; and Augusta, Georgia; as well as a sales and administrative office in Dallas. Operated by approximately 500 employees, SPG and its facilities now become a wholly owned subsidiary of Georgia-Pacific in the acquisition. Jefferies, LLC acted as the exclusive financial advisor to SPG Holdings, LLC in connection with this transaction.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money