UMMC chooses Terri Gillespie as chief nursing executive officer
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 19,2014
Terri Gillespie, a veteran nursing leader and Children’s of Mississippi chief nursing and clinical services officer, has been named the University of Mississippi Medical Center’s chief nursing executive officer and chief nursing officer of the adult hospitals. Effective Sept. 1, she will succeed Dr. Janet Harris, who will move to a full-time role as associate dean for practice and community engagement in the School of Nursing, a title she has held since January.
Gillespie has more than 31 years of nursing experience, most of it with UMMC. She holds a bachelor of science in nursing from East Carolina University in Greenville, N.C., and a master of science in nursing-executive track from the UMMC School of Nursing. She is enrolled in the doctor of nursing practice program at the School of Nursing.
During her tenure at UMMC, Gillespie has worked as a staff nurse in the adult emergency department, nurse manager in the surgical intensive care unit and post anesthesia care unit, clinical director of adult critical care, and operations director of the eICU, the first electronic intensive care unit in the state.
Gillespie has championed organ donation awareness, transplantation and training in end-of-life care during her career. She is a member of the Mississippi Nurses Association, the American College of Health Executives, the American Association of Critical Care Nurses and the Children’s Hospital Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Judge: Caesars can demolish Harrah's casino in Mississippi