USM makes administration changes; Dr. Bret Becton will serve as the college’s associate dean
Several administrative changes have taken place in the College of Business at the University of Southern Mississippi for the start of the 2014-2015 year. Dr. Bret Becton will serve as the college’s associate dean after Dr. Joe Peyrefitte returned to a faculty position. Becton will be in charge of operations and accreditation for the College of Business.
Dr. Mike Wittmann is now serving as both the chair for marketing and the interim chair of management. Dr. Lisa Flynn, the former marketing chair, has returned to a full-time faculty position in the department. Dr. Dave Duhon, the former management chair, retired after more than two decades of service to Southern Miss and the College of Business.
Dr. Gwen Pate accepted the position of the director of the School of Accountancy, which became open following the retirement of Dr. Skip Hughes. Pate was formerly the associate dean of Undergraduate Programs and Assessment. That position will now be filled by Dr. Brigitte Burgess, who served as the merchandising coordinator for the last seven years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Stricklin: Deer parasites don't affect quality of venison
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma