USM makes administration changes; Dr. Bret Becton will serve as the college’s associate dean
Several administrative changes have taken place in the College of Business at the University of Southern Mississippi for the start of the 2014-2015 year. Dr. Bret Becton will serve as the college’s associate dean after Dr. Joe Peyrefitte returned to a faculty position. Becton will be in charge of operations and accreditation for the College of Business.
Dr. Mike Wittmann is now serving as both the chair for marketing and the interim chair of management. Dr. Lisa Flynn, the former marketing chair, has returned to a full-time faculty position in the department. Dr. Dave Duhon, the former management chair, retired after more than two decades of service to Southern Miss and the College of Business.
Dr. Gwen Pate accepted the position of the director of the School of Accountancy, which became open following the retirement of Dr. Skip Hughes. Pate was formerly the associate dean of Undergraduate Programs and Assessment. That position will now be filled by Dr. Brigitte Burgess, who served as the merchandising coordinator for the last seven years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow