USM makes administration changes; Dr. Bret Becton will serve as the college’s associate dean
Several administrative changes have taken place in the College of Business at the University of Southern Mississippi for the start of the 2014-2015 year. Dr. Bret Becton will serve as the college’s associate dean after Dr. Joe Peyrefitte returned to a faculty position. Becton will be in charge of operations and accreditation for the College of Business.
Dr. Mike Wittmann is now serving as both the chair for marketing and the interim chair of management. Dr. Lisa Flynn, the former marketing chair, has returned to a full-time faculty position in the department. Dr. Dave Duhon, the former management chair, retired after more than two decades of service to Southern Miss and the College of Business.
Dr. Gwen Pate accepted the position of the director of the School of Accountancy, which became open following the retirement of Dr. Skip Hughes. Pate was formerly the associate dean of Undergraduate Programs and Assessment. That position will now be filled by Dr. Brigitte Burgess, who served as the merchandising coordinator for the last seven years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option