USM makes administration changes; Dr. Bret Becton will serve as the college’s associate dean
Several administrative changes have taken place in the College of Business at the University of Southern Mississippi for the start of the 2014-2015 year. Dr. Bret Becton will serve as the college’s associate dean after Dr. Joe Peyrefitte returned to a faculty position. Becton will be in charge of operations and accreditation for the College of Business.
Dr. Mike Wittmann is now serving as both the chair for marketing and the interim chair of management. Dr. Lisa Flynn, the former marketing chair, has returned to a full-time faculty position in the department. Dr. Dave Duhon, the former management chair, retired after more than two decades of service to Southern Miss and the College of Business.
Dr. Gwen Pate accepted the position of the director of the School of Accountancy, which became open following the retirement of Dr. Skip Hughes. Pate was formerly the associate dean of Undergraduate Programs and Assessment. That position will now be filled by Dr. Brigitte Burgess, who served as the merchandising coordinator for the last seven years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)