Patricia Sullivan named associate director for U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center
Dr. Jeffery P. Holland, director of the U.S. Army Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) in Vicksburg, has appointed Patricia M. Sullivan to replace Alice Duke as ERDC associate director. Duke retired at the end of April, capping off a career that spanned 31 years of service. Sullivan began her career with the ERDC in 1984 as a research civil engineer in the Geotechnical Laboratory of the former Waterways Experiment Station. In 2005, she became an assistant technical director for ERDC’s Military Engineering business area, where she was responsible for integration of technical, programmatic and strategic initiatives in the areas of force projection and maneuver support. Prior to her current appointment, Sullivan was the ERDC executive staff officer, where she assisted in managing corporate strategic integration initiatives.
Sullivan holds a bachelor’s degree from Tulane University and a master’s degree from Mississippi State University, both in civil engineering. She is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Society of American Military Engineers, the Association of Change Management Professionals and the Association for Strategic Planning. She serves on the advisory boards for the Department of Advanced Technology and the National Science Foundation Historically Black Colleges and Universities–Undergraduate Program grant at Alcorn State University.
Sullivan has been named an Outstanding Technology Leader by U.S. Black Engineer magazine and as a Trailblazer by the Council of Engineering Deans of Historically Black Colleges and Universities, Lockheed Martin Corporation, and U.S. Black Engineer and Information Technology magazine.
In the community, she serves as youth minister for the Living Word Baptist Church, is on the board of directors for the Vicksburg YMCA, and is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Inc.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager