USM’s Melissa Ziegler named Fellow by the Medical Fitness Association
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 20,2014
Melissa Ziegler, a kinesiotherapy instructor in the School of Human Performance and Recreation at the University of Southern Mississippi, has been named a Fellow by the Medical Fitness Association (MFA). Ziegler also serves as executive director of the American Kinesiotherapy Association (AKTA), a national non-profit organization based in Hattiesburg.
Fellowship status is reserved for MFA members who are physicians, scientists and wellness professionals. Selection is based on contributions to the medical fitness industry and demonstrated leadership in the MFA. Ziegler has been an MFA member for seven years and helped establish a conference relationship with the ATKA in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years