USM’s Melissa Ziegler named Fellow by the Medical Fitness Association
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 20,2014
Melissa Ziegler, a kinesiotherapy instructor in the School of Human Performance and Recreation at the University of Southern Mississippi, has been named a Fellow by the Medical Fitness Association (MFA). Ziegler also serves as executive director of the American Kinesiotherapy Association (AKTA), a national non-profit organization based in Hattiesburg.
Fellowship status is reserved for MFA members who are physicians, scientists and wellness professionals. Selection is based on contributions to the medical fitness industry and demonstrated leadership in the MFA. Ziegler has been an MFA member for seven years and helped establish a conference relationship with the ATKA in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending