USM’s Melissa Ziegler named Fellow by the Medical Fitness Association
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 20,2014
Melissa Ziegler, a kinesiotherapy instructor in the School of Human Performance and Recreation at the University of Southern Mississippi, has been named a Fellow by the Medical Fitness Association (MFA). Ziegler also serves as executive director of the American Kinesiotherapy Association (AKTA), a national non-profit organization based in Hattiesburg.
Fellowship status is reserved for MFA members who are physicians, scientists and wellness professionals. Selection is based on contributions to the medical fitness industry and demonstrated leadership in the MFA. Ziegler has been an MFA member for seven years and helped establish a conference relationship with the ATKA in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- MDA to close all its regional offices