(UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 21,2014
WARREN COUNTY — All westbound lanes of Interstate 20 in Warren County have reopened after a fire caused the closure of the interstate earlier this morning, according to the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT).
MDOT reports a vehicle carrying hazardous material is on fire on I-20 eastbound before Bovina/ Tiffintown Road (Exit 11).
MDOT reported that westbound lanes have reopened in an email sent just after 9 a.m.
All eastbound lanes remain closed. First responders are on scene. Motorists should find alternate routes around this area, MDOT advises.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Grain scandal takes its toll on Delta farmers
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love