(UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 21,2014
WARREN COUNTY — All westbound lanes of Interstate 20 in Warren County have reopened after a fire caused the closure of the interstate earlier this morning, according to the Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT).
MDOT reports a vehicle carrying hazardous material is on fire on I-20 eastbound before Bovina/ Tiffintown Road (Exit 11).
MDOT reported that westbound lanes have reopened in an email sent just after 9 a.m.
All eastbound lanes remain closed. First responders are on scene. Motorists should find alternate routes around this area, MDOT advises.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Entergy gives solar a shot
- Critics say Pearl out to eliminate mobile homes and apartments – not safeguard them
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- State Sen. McDaniel traveling Mississippi to promote PAC
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- (VIDEO) DON GLIDEWELL — The threat of cyber crime to businesses is real
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur