Portions of Delta highway to close as Corps strengthens levee
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 21,2014
ISSAQUENA COUNTY and WARREN COUNTY — The U. S. Army Corps of Engineers Vicksburg District is working to complete the Mississippi River levee enlargement projects along Mississippi Highway 465.
This work will necessitate the temporary closing of portions of Highway 465 to all through traffic.
The work areas are located in Warren and Issaquena Counties.
The levee roadway near Albermarle Lake and Goose Lake Road for the Item 468-L project will be barricaded on the south end at intersection of Goose Lake Road and Highway 465 near station 8148+00 and on the north end near station 8148+00 where Highway 465 ramps up onto the Mississippi River Levee.
The Item 463-L project area is located in the vicinity of Lake Chotard and Laney’s Boat Camp. Removal of the roadway surfacing on the Item 463-L project is underway. The roadway will be barricaded from the upper end near station 8305+00 and to the lower end near 8450+00.
Work on Item 468-L is expected to be completed by fall 2014. The project construction for Item 463-L is scheduled to be completed in approximately one year.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money