Don Barnes returns to Mississippi College
Don Barnes is the new operations manager at STAR 93.5. A 47-year-old Brandon resident and Mississippi College alumnus, Barnes began his radio career at WHJT on the Clinton campus when he was a student in the MC Communication Department in the 1980s. Away from the Clinton campus, Barnes serves as the owner of AMP Entertainment of Mississippi, a full-service DJ and community events entertainment company.
Jackson area listeners may be familiar with the voice of the 1989 Mississippi College mass communications and marketing graduate. He worked at local radio stations like 94.7 JACK FM, US96.3, MIX 98.7, Y101 and 105.9 FM. After working the past two years as marketing director of CCSI-Peak Solutions, a company specializing in brand development and promotion, Barnes rejoined the Mississippi College family this summer.
A native of Richardson, Texas, Barnes has longtime Jackson roots. He moved to Mississippi’s capital city as a three-year-old, was a Jackson Academy student and grew up attending Colonial Heights Baptist Church in Jackson.
Today, he and his wife, Leslie, have four children, Ryan, Gracie, Cameron and Ava.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Top 40 Under 40
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- MDA to close all its regional offices
- Top 40 Under 40 (digital magazine)