First American Title Insurance Company promotes Jim Nelson
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 22,2014
First American Title Insurance Company has promoted Jim Nelson to vice president and deputy general counsel, operations. Most recently, Nelson served as the vice president and senior operations counsel for First American’s Direct and Agency divisions in the southwest region. In 2007, Nelson returned to First American Title following a six-year term serving as Mississippi assistant secretary of state overseeing the Business Regulation and Enforcement Division. Before that, he spent three years as the assistant vice president and associate state counsel for First American Title in Mississippi. Nelson also previously served as Mississippi assistant secretary of state and executive director of the Public Lands Division.
Nelson is a member of the Scottsdale Bar Association, Arizona Bar Association, Mississippi State Bar, the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Mississippi, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court Bar. He is also a member of the Title Action Network and served on the board of directors for the North American Securities Administrators Association and the board of directors for the Western States Land Commissioners Association.
He earned his law degree and a dual major bachelor’s degree in English and political science from the University of Mississippi and earned a master’s degree in business administration from Millsaps College.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal