Sampat Shivangi, M.D., of Ridgeland named chairman of Mississippi Board of Mental Health
Sampat Shivangi, M.D., of Ridgeland, was recently named chairman of the Mississippi Board of Mental Health. From 2005-2008, Shivangi served as the advisor to the U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services. He is the past president-elect of the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin. He is the founding president of the American Association of Physicians of Indian Origin in Mississippi and is the past president and chair of the India Association of Mississippi.
Shivangi is the president and CEO of U.S. Info Systems of Mississippi. He previously served on the Mississippi State Board of Health.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs