City of Laurel to again host Dixie Youth World Series
Published: August 25,2014
LAUREL — The City of Laurel will host the Dixie Youth World Series in 2016.
The Chronicle reports that city Recreation Director Elvin Ulmer coordinated the 2009 and 2013 World Series events in Laurel.
Ulmer said the city will host five world series events during a two-week period in July and August 2016.
In 2009, the city hosted the Dixie Youth World Series’ 24 traditional teams.
Then the city hosted the 2013 Dixie Youth O-Zone World Series in addition to the Traditional Dixie Youth World Series.
Ulmer said the city continues to get positive feedback from the 2009 and 2013 events.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center