City of Laurel to again host Dixie Youth World Series
Published: August 25,2014
LAUREL — The City of Laurel will host the Dixie Youth World Series in 2016.
The Chronicle reports that city Recreation Director Elvin Ulmer coordinated the 2009 and 2013 World Series events in Laurel.
Ulmer said the city will host five world series events during a two-week period in July and August 2016.
In 2009, the city hosted the Dixie Youth World Series’ 24 traditional teams.
Then the city hosted the 2013 Dixie Youth O-Zone World Series in addition to the Traditional Dixie Youth World Series.
Ulmer said the city continues to get positive feedback from the 2009 and 2013 events.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics