City of Laurel to again host Dixie Youth World Series
Published: August 25,2014
LAUREL — The City of Laurel will host the Dixie Youth World Series in 2016.
The Chronicle reports that city Recreation Director Elvin Ulmer coordinated the 2009 and 2013 World Series events in Laurel.
Ulmer said the city will host five world series events during a two-week period in July and August 2016.
In 2009, the city hosted the Dixie Youth World Series’ 24 traditional teams.
Then the city hosted the 2013 Dixie Youth O-Zone World Series in addition to the Traditional Dixie Youth World Series.
Ulmer said the city continues to get positive feedback from the 2009 and 2013 events.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues