City of Laurel to again host Dixie Youth World Series
Published: August 25,2014
LAUREL — The City of Laurel will host the Dixie Youth World Series in 2016.
The Chronicle reports that city Recreation Director Elvin Ulmer coordinated the 2009 and 2013 World Series events in Laurel.
Ulmer said the city will host five world series events during a two-week period in July and August 2016.
In 2009, the city hosted the Dixie Youth World Series’ 24 traditional teams.
Then the city hosted the 2013 Dixie Youth O-Zone World Series in addition to the Traditional Dixie Youth World Series.
Ulmer said the city continues to get positive feedback from the 2009 and 2013 events.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey