Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing ‘market pressures’
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 28,2014
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Isle of Capri Casinos Inc. has released financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2015.
Company-wide, net revenue for the quarter was $241.6 million, compared to $238.0 million in the prior year quarter, and consolidated adjusted EBITDA was $43.7 million, compared to $41.9 million in the same quarter of the prior fiscal year
However, Isle of Capri’s net revenues in Mississippi decreased $0.8 million to $24.9 million, and adjusted EBITDA was consistent with prior year at $2.8 million. In Lula, the gaming company improved its adjusted EBITDA by over 30 percent and margins by over 400 basis points, which Isle of Capri attributed primarily to a more targeted marketing program and profit improvement initiatives.
Isle of Capri reported that Natchez and Vicksburg “continue to experience market pressures from competition and economic conditions.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Fitch gives Mississippi Power a negative outlook due to Kemper plant
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years