Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing ‘market pressures’
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 28,2014
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Isle of Capri Casinos Inc. has released financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2015.
Company-wide, net revenue for the quarter was $241.6 million, compared to $238.0 million in the prior year quarter, and consolidated adjusted EBITDA was $43.7 million, compared to $41.9 million in the same quarter of the prior fiscal year
However, Isle of Capri’s net revenues in Mississippi decreased $0.8 million to $24.9 million, and adjusted EBITDA was consistent with prior year at $2.8 million. In Lula, the gaming company improved its adjusted EBITDA by over 30 percent and margins by over 400 basis points, which Isle of Capri attributed primarily to a more targeted marketing program and profit improvement initiatives.
Isle of Capri reported that Natchez and Vicksburg “continue to experience market pressures from competition and economic conditions.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey