Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing ‘market pressures’
by MBJ Staff
Published: August 28,2014
AROUND MISSISSIPPI — Isle of Capri Casinos Inc. has released financial results for the first quarter of fiscal year 2015.
Company-wide, net revenue for the quarter was $241.6 million, compared to $238.0 million in the prior year quarter, and consolidated adjusted EBITDA was $43.7 million, compared to $41.9 million in the same quarter of the prior fiscal year
However, Isle of Capri’s net revenues in Mississippi decreased $0.8 million to $24.9 million, and adjusted EBITDA was consistent with prior year at $2.8 million. In Lula, the gaming company improved its adjusted EBITDA by over 30 percent and margins by over 400 basis points, which Isle of Capri attributed primarily to a more targeted marketing program and profit improvement initiatives.
Isle of Capri reported that Natchez and Vicksburg “continue to experience market pressures from competition and economic conditions.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- College Board gives Keenum contract extension, raise
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that
- Apple ordered to pay $23.6M for using SkyTel technology
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Rep. Howell decides not to seek re-election to House
- LTE: With tax cuts, Gov. Bryant dismissive of least of us