Nunnelee coming home to recover from brain surgery, stroke
Published: August 29,2014
Tags: Alana Nunnelee, brain surgery, Congress, Danny Bedwell, Democratic Party, GOP, House of Representatives, Lajena Walley, Libertarian Party, political campaign, politician, Politics, Reform Party, Republican party, Ron Dickey, stroke, tumor
TUPELO — U.S. Rep. Alan Nunnelee says he’s returning to Mississippi to continue recovering from a stroke.
The 55-year-old Republican from Tupelo had a stroke while undergoing brain surgery June 9 in Texas, and he has had radiation and chemotherapy in Maryland.
In an email today, Nunnelee says the surgery and treatment have separated him from people and places he loves in his home state. He says his medical team tells him he has made significant progress and can go home to continue his stroke rehabilitation.
He has said the stroke caused speech and mobility problems.
Nunnelee is seeking re-election to the north Mississippi seat he first won in 2010.
Democrat Ron Dickey, Libertarian Danny Bedwell and the Reform Party’s Lajena Walley also are on the Nov. 4 ballot.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015