Nunnelee coming home to recover from brain surgery, stroke
Published: August 29,2014
Tags: Alana Nunnelee, brain surgery, Congress, Danny Bedwell, Democratic Party, GOP, House of Representatives, Lajena Walley, Libertarian Party, political campaign, politician, Politics, Reform Party, Republican party, Ron Dickey, stroke, tumor
TUPELO — U.S. Rep. Alan Nunnelee says he’s returning to Mississippi to continue recovering from a stroke.
The 55-year-old Republican from Tupelo had a stroke while undergoing brain surgery June 9 in Texas, and he has had radiation and chemotherapy in Maryland.
In an email today, Nunnelee says the surgery and treatment have separated him from people and places he loves in his home state. He says his medical team tells him he has made significant progress and can go home to continue his stroke rehabilitation.
He has said the stroke caused speech and mobility problems.
Nunnelee is seeking re-election to the north Mississippi seat he first won in 2010.
Democrat Ron Dickey, Libertarian Danny Bedwell and the Reform Party’s Lajena Walley also are on the Nov. 4 ballot.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Cannabis for the rest of us
- MARTY WISEMAN: The current racial strife and the failure to educate
- BILL CRAWFORD: Boyce takes hot spot as IHL commissioner
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- Planters Bank promotes at 3 locations
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Real Estate Forum panelists: Lenders, investors hungry for deals on residential rentals in Miss., elsewhere
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur