Nunnelee coming home to recover from brain surgery, stroke
Published: August 29,2014
Tags: Alana Nunnelee, brain surgery, Congress, Danny Bedwell, Democratic Party, GOP, House of Representatives, Lajena Walley, Libertarian Party, political campaign, politician, Politics, Reform Party, Republican party, Ron Dickey, stroke, tumor
TUPELO — U.S. Rep. Alan Nunnelee says he’s returning to Mississippi to continue recovering from a stroke.
The 55-year-old Republican from Tupelo had a stroke while undergoing brain surgery June 9 in Texas, and he has had radiation and chemotherapy in Maryland.
In an email today, Nunnelee says the surgery and treatment have separated him from people and places he loves in his home state. He says his medical team tells him he has made significant progress and can go home to continue his stroke rehabilitation.
He has said the stroke caused speech and mobility problems.
Nunnelee is seeking re-election to the north Mississippi seat he first won in 2010.
Democrat Ron Dickey, Libertarian Danny Bedwell and the Reform Party’s Lajena Walley also are on the Nov. 4 ballot.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Grand juries charge seven with election violations
- Dak Prescott's autograph fetches a pretty penny
- Butler Snow names Crockoft new office director
- Farm theft investigation recovers $200K in stolen equipment
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image