Nunnelee coming home to recover from brain surgery, stroke
Published: August 29,2014
Tags: Alana Nunnelee, brain surgery, Congress, Danny Bedwell, Democratic Party, GOP, House of Representatives, Lajena Walley, Libertarian Party, political campaign, politician, Politics, Reform Party, Republican party, Ron Dickey, stroke, tumor
TUPELO — U.S. Rep. Alan Nunnelee says he’s returning to Mississippi to continue recovering from a stroke.
The 55-year-old Republican from Tupelo had a stroke while undergoing brain surgery June 9 in Texas, and he has had radiation and chemotherapy in Maryland.
In an email today, Nunnelee says the surgery and treatment have separated him from people and places he loves in his home state. He says his medical team tells him he has made significant progress and can go home to continue his stroke rehabilitation.
He has said the stroke caused speech and mobility problems.
Nunnelee is seeking re-election to the north Mississippi seat he first won in 2010.
Democrat Ron Dickey, Libertarian Danny Bedwell and the Reform Party’s Lajena Walley also are on the Nov. 4 ballot.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years