Nunnelee coming home to recover from brain surgery, stroke
Published: August 29,2014
Tags: Alana Nunnelee, brain surgery, Congress, Danny Bedwell, Democratic Party, GOP, House of Representatives, Lajena Walley, Libertarian Party, political campaign, politician, Politics, Reform Party, Republican party, Ron Dickey, stroke, tumor
TUPELO — U.S. Rep. Alan Nunnelee says he’s returning to Mississippi to continue recovering from a stroke.
The 55-year-old Republican from Tupelo had a stroke while undergoing brain surgery June 9 in Texas, and he has had radiation and chemotherapy in Maryland.
In an email today, Nunnelee says the surgery and treatment have separated him from people and places he loves in his home state. He says his medical team tells him he has made significant progress and can go home to continue his stroke rehabilitation.
He has said the stroke caused speech and mobility problems.
Nunnelee is seeking re-election to the north Mississippi seat he first won in 2010.
Democrat Ron Dickey, Libertarian Danny Bedwell and the Reform Party’s Lajena Walley also are on the Nov. 4 ballot.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game