Philip Gunn named vice chair of Southern Legislative Conference
Delegates to the 68th Annual Meeting of the Southern Legislative Conference (SLC), the Southern Office of The Council of State Governments, have unanimously elected Speaker Philip Gunn of Mississippi vice chair of the Conference. As vice chair of the SLC, Gunn will assist the chair in executing the activities of the Conference, guide the Conference in policy deliberations and serve as liaison to the House and Senate leaders of the member states.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Humana and Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation partnering
- Six out of eight universities could have higher tuitions in 2015
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow