Philip Gunn named vice chair of Southern Legislative Conference
Delegates to the 68th Annual Meeting of the Southern Legislative Conference (SLC), the Southern Office of The Council of State Governments, have unanimously elected Speaker Philip Gunn of Mississippi vice chair of the Conference. As vice chair of the SLC, Gunn will assist the chair in executing the activities of the Conference, guide the Conference in policy deliberations and serve as liaison to the House and Senate leaders of the member states.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House