Chickasaw County circuit clerk dies of cancer
Published: September 9,2014
HOUSTON — Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis has died
Willis, first elected in 1992, died Sunday after suffering from cancer.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that Willis was a Houston school teacher before she was elected to the clerk’s office.
The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors plans to appoint an interim circuit clerk at its Sept. 16 meeting. That clerk will serve the remainder of Willis’ term, which ends in January 2016.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand