Chickasaw County circuit clerk dies of cancer
Published: September 9,2014
HOUSTON — Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis has died
Willis, first elected in 1992, died Sunday after suffering from cancer.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that Willis was a Houston school teacher before she was elected to the clerk’s office.
The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors plans to appoint an interim circuit clerk at its Sept. 16 meeting. That clerk will serve the remainder of Willis’ term, which ends in January 2016.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Investigators find massive Ag Museum fire was an accident
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful