Chickasaw County circuit clerk dies of cancer
Published: September 9,2014
HOUSTON — Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis has died
Willis, first elected in 1992, died Sunday after suffering from cancer.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that Willis was a Houston school teacher before she was elected to the clerk’s office.
The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors plans to appoint an interim circuit clerk at its Sept. 16 meeting. That clerk will serve the remainder of Willis’ term, which ends in January 2016.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money