Chickasaw County circuit clerk dies of cancer
Published: September 9,2014
HOUSTON — Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis has died
Willis, first elected in 1992, died Sunday after suffering from cancer.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that Willis was a Houston school teacher before she was elected to the clerk’s office.
The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors plans to appoint an interim circuit clerk at its Sept. 16 meeting. That clerk will serve the remainder of Willis’ term, which ends in January 2016.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- Meet the MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year — Rosemary Smith, a business hotshot
- Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- DAVID DALLAS — Delbert Hosemann: An unsung hero chooses to remain so