Chickasaw County circuit clerk dies of cancer
Published: September 9,2014
HOUSTON — Chickasaw County Circuit Clerk Sandra Willis has died
Willis, first elected in 1992, died Sunday after suffering from cancer.
The Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal reports that Willis was a Houston school teacher before she was elected to the clerk’s office.
The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors plans to appoint an interim circuit clerk at its Sept. 16 meeting. That clerk will serve the remainder of Willis’ term, which ends in January 2016.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal