Occupational employment and wage estimates from the Mississippi Department of Employment Security for May 2009 show the highest-paying positions to be in management, while those in food preparation earn the lowest wages. Figures available from MDES, according to information created by the Labor Market Information Department and the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, show the […] [...]
Archive for the ‘Mississippi Market Facts’ Category
This is a specific focus of a weekly MBJ edition.
by Wally Northway Published: June 6,2010
Projects up, jobs and investment down While the recession may be at an end, there is plenty of data that show Mississippi’s economy is far from fully recovered. A report from the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) reveals some sobering numbers concerning new and growing businesses in 2010. The MDA is quick to point out […] [...]
Mississippi will see a 14.2 percent increase in jobs between 2006 and 2016, according to occupational employment projection information from the Mississippi Department of Employment Security (MDES) and the Labor Market Information Department. The percentage represents an increase of 195,900 jobs in the 10-year span, and the total projected average annual job openings will be […] [...]
- MBJ December 6th Digital Edition
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Judge rules DMR records must be released to newspaper
- SBA approves new Community Advantage lender
- Officials ask parents to find alternative transportation as bus driver strike continues
- New index ranks Illinois for emergency preparedness – WREX-TV | Disaster Preparedness, Disaster Preparation, Disaster Survival, Prepare for a Disaster, Emergency, Emergency Preparation, Prepare for an Emergency, Emergency Supplies, Disaster Supplies on Craig goes to D.C. for release of preparedness index
- State highlights: Okla. gov. looks for cuts to cover $60M more in health care costs; Miss. gov. wants to offer hospitals money to offset health law on Bryant wants to give hospitals funds to offset health care reform
- State Highlights: Okla. Gov. Looks For Cuts To Cover $60M More In Health Care Costs; Miss. Gov. Wants To Offer Hospitals Money To Offset Health Law | Health Care on Bryant wants to give hospitals funds to offset health care reform
- State Highlights: Okla. Gov. Looks For Cuts To Cover $60M More In Health Care Costs; Miss. Gov. Wants To Offer Hospitals Money To Offset Health Law | Health Insurance Exchange on Bryant wants to give hospitals funds to offset health care reform
- Latest Affordable Care Act + Mississippi, News | Affordable Care Act News and Assistance on MARTY WISEMAN — Obamacare: Dead or an alternative?