Occupational employment and wage estimates from the Mississippi Department of Employment Security for May 2009 show the highest-paying positions to be in management, while those in food preparation earn the lowest wages. Figures available from MDES, according to information created by the Labor Market Information Department and the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, show the […] [...]
Archive for the ‘Mississippi Market Facts’ Category
This is a specific focus of a weekly MBJ edition.
by Wally Northway Published: June 6,2010
Projects up, jobs and investment down While the recession may be at an end, there is plenty of data that show Mississippi’s economy is far from fully recovered. A report from the Mississippi Development Authority (MDA) reveals some sobering numbers concerning new and growing businesses in 2010. The MDA is quick to point out […] [...]
Mississippi will see a 14.2 percent increase in jobs between 2006 and 2016, according to occupational employment projection information from the Mississippi Department of Employment Security (MDES) and the Labor Market Information Department. The percentage represents an increase of 195,900 jobs in the 10-year span, and the total projected average annual job openings will be […] [...]
- GITOMER: Writing my own legacy. One word at a time. Yours?
- Todd Smith’s Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- BOOK BIZ — Revisiting the story of the traders who were too smart for their own good
- WILLOUGHBY — David Burckel leads growth of Southern Bone & Joint
- Mississippi Gift Company selling the best of the state
- Latest Public Liability Insurance News | BusinessInsuranceReview on Report: State’s emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Janna on White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Cia on State looking for nearly $395M in back taxes, interest, penalties
- Jeff on Cooper plant earns entry into MDEQ’s enHance program
- Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department on Quapaw Canoe Company gains legislative support in battle with tax department