NEW ORLEANS – A day after the end of the federal moratorium on deepwater drilling, the Gulf oil industry was a mix of furious activity and tortured waiting around. Companies that are helping the industry meet new regulations are scrambling to keep up with increased business while oil-rig workers must remain idle until the new […] [...]
Posts Tagged ‘drilling’
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Deep water oil drills quieted by a six-month moratorium will again hum off the Gulf Coast, helping an industry that, despite its dangers, puts needed money in the pockets of thousands along the Gulf Coast. What’s less certain is just how soon the jobs on hold because of the six-month ban will […] [...]
ALICE, Texas — Forbes Energy Services Ltd. has signing of a settlement agreement with Pennsylvania’s Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) regarding the previously announced gas release incident that occurred June 3. As a result of the settlement, Forbes’ two workover rigs in Pennsylvania may now return to full service. John Crisp, Forbes Energy’s president and […] [...]
JONES COUNTY — Osyka Corporation, a Houston-based energy company, has successfully completed its recently drilled well located in the West Laurel area of Jones County. The well, which was completed June 14, 2010, has an average initial flowing rate of 82 barrels of oil per day and 500 MCFD of natural gas after a hydraulic […] [...]
- Wallace Construction begins bridge replacement in Jones County
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Entergy Corporation ups earnings expectations
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Wallace Construction begins bridge replacement in Jones County | Black in Mississippi on Wallace Construction begins bridge replacement in Jones County
- Luxury Car Market: The Key Factor In China Is A Nonstarter In The U.s. – Forbes | It is great to see everyone at my page on Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S. | Black in Mississippi on Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Sawtimber and pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain | Forest Business Network on Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Entergy Corporation ups earnings expectations | Black in Mississippi on Entergy Corporation ups earnings expectations