WASHINGTON — In the wake of the shooting in Arizona that wounded Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, Sen. Thad Cochran (R-Miss.) says he is not requesting additional security, at least not yet. In a statement, Cochran said, “I am deeply saddened by the violence that struck Rep. Giffords, her staff and constituents. My prayers are with all […] [...]
Posts Tagged ‘elected officials’
by Associated Press Published: February 9,2010
LEFLORE COUNTY — Twelve elected officials from Leflore County owe a combined $28,000 in delinquent property taxes. Tax records showed the bills range from less than $200 to more than $7,000 for 2009. Property taxes were due last week. Greenwood City Councilman Johnny Jennings had the largest amount of back taxes from 2009 among elected […] [...]
GULFPORT — Mississippi Power wants ratepayers to cover a $220,000-plus real estate commission paid to former Lt. Gov. Eddie Briggs for services related to the utility’s planned Kemper County coal plant. The Sierra Club says the three-member Public Service Commission — which will decide the question — has a huge conflict of interest. That’s because […] [...]
U.S. Rep. Gregg Harper, 53, has announced that he will run for re-election in Mississippi’s 3rd District, according to The Associated Press. The Republican congressman was elected in 2008 to succeed Chip Pickering, who did not run for re-election. Candidates for congressional office must qualify by March 1. The primary is scheduled for June. 1. [...]
- Wallace Construction begins bridge replacement in Jones County
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Entergy Corporation ups earnings expectations
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Wallace Construction begins bridge replacement in Jones County | Black in Mississippi on Wallace Construction begins bridge replacement in Jones County
- Luxury Car Market: The Key Factor In China Is A Nonstarter In The U.s. – Forbes | It is great to see everyone at my page on Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S. | Black in Mississippi on Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Sawtimber and pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain | Forest Business Network on Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Entergy Corporation ups earnings expectations | Black in Mississippi on Entergy Corporation ups earnings expectations